Forum Index Duelist [3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Cleave & Bladestorm [Delve 500+][Uber Atziri/Elder]

History

Can someone have the kindness to explain to me why we should use 2 imojis with the same aps now? (With double strike).
Tried googling it but did not find anything relevant.

Thanks a lot.

nxus
Dec 05, 2018 15:25:32 PM

Melee skills that previously attacked with mainhand only now attack with both hands if you are dual wielding. This means stat sticks actually reduce your damage since you have to attack with it with its garbage damage stat.

McStabbyface
Dec 05, 2018 17:41:57 PM

"
nxus wrote:
Can someone have the kindness to explain to me why we should use 2 imojis with the same aps now? (With double strike).
Tried googling it but did not find anything relevant.

Thanks a lot.

Because it will alternate weapons now. If you got a shit one in your offhand, you will actually deal less DPS now. Which is why you should have somewhat similar weapons to negate or at least keep the DPS loss at a minimum.

CaptainWARLORD
Dec 05, 2018 18:09:00 PM

Are you going to update the guide after the new patch?

OverLordees
Dec 05, 2018 18:20:02 PM

Hey! What about

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_the_Pale_King

Since the impale damage is calculated as reflected?
Thanks!

whalis
Dec 05, 2018 21:11:05 PM

"
whalis wrote:
Hey! What about

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_the_Pale_King

Since the impale damage is calculated as reflected?
Thanks!

Good thinking. Yet, I don't think it will work. Impale's stored damage is applied as reflected damage, you yourself are not reflecting damage.

And if it did work and suffered once again from improper wording, I don't think you need the extra Life gain, especially not when Freeze is a problem and that can be solved with Brine Crown (that also got buffed with 3.5).

CaptainWARLORD
Dec 05, 2018 22:50:27 PM

You made an amazing build guide.

Two things going into 3.5:

Grelwood Shank + rigwalds savagry with one of the new melee projectile skills could be great. Gives even more armor and additional projectiles with the new skill. Less aps, and less buff effect but more projectiles and more armour

Get iron grip, as your build already has decent strength, will be helpful if new skills have projectile tag.

Agree with moving the taunt ascendancy off, but feel that the banner ascendancy might be a better place. Max impale is 7 with that node, leaving you to a max
56 extra phys. Doesnt seem like a lot, unless it gets multiplied. the life regen would help for survivability substantially.

manchildmay
Dec 05, 2018 23:20:18 PM

"
OverLordees wrote:
Are you going to update the guide after the new patch?

Of course. Hank is my most popular build and also my all-time personal favorite. I won't let that go to waste.

CaptainWARLORD
Dec 05, 2018 23:26:40 PM

I know we do not know numbers but what your thoughts about lancing steel champion with new banners and passives + double Grelwood Shankshanks later?

PlayArcher
Dec 05, 2018 23:29:00 PM

"
manchildmay wrote:
You made an amazing build guide.

Thank you :)

"
manchildmay wrote:
Grelwood Shank + rigwalds savagry with one of the new melee projectile skills could be great. Gives even more armor and additional projectiles with the new skill. Less aps, and less buff effect but more projectiles and more armour

Get iron grip, as your build already has decent strength, will be helpful if new skills have projectile tag.

While what you say sounds reasonable, it's simply too early to speculate. This may or may not be another case of Spectral Shield Throw. We got nothing except Impale mechanics.

"
manchildmay wrote:
Agree with moving the taunt ascendancy off, but feel that the banner ascendancy might be a better place. Max impale is 7 with that node, leaving you to a max
56 extra phys. Doesnt seem like a lot, unless it gets multiplied. the life regen would help for survivability substantially.

I... actually don't like the Banner node at all.

Banners mean extra skill sockets and clutter my already crowded hotbar even further.

Adrenaline is simply too good, no matter what the Banners give. It lasts 20 (!) seconds and gives you a ton of damage and the extra damage mitigation is huge, especially in Uber Lab.

I also feel the Banner playstyle is too clunky for the main damage dealer. It's probably best used on a Support Champion build that focuses on buffing allies, where your "main skills" are Banners.

CaptainWARLORD
Dec 05, 2018 23:31:50 PM
  • Prev
  • Next