Forum Index Duelist [3.8] ♛ Hank the Tank™ ♛ - The Manliest Man ☛ Cleave & Bladestorm [Delve 500+][Uber Atziri/Elder]

History

"
I already addressed this before; going crit and having the same defenses is not feasible. It's something I settled with years ago.

Dual wield is just straight up better for this anyway.

The build is what it is, and I'm not going to change it anytime soon. If you want to experiment and apply your own adjustments, feel free to do so.

Oh, I didn't mean it that way. I did your build a couple of times already and I really like it just wanted to experiment on my own with something I like and I was wondering if you had any prior experience with something similar. I started this league with phys ST and I'm just fed up with having to <movement ability><attack> all the time so I wanted to make something more... onebuttony. I wish I could do summons but I don't think my laptop can handle those, so I stick with attack builds with little to no ailments (didn't try it but I assume poison would be too calculation heavy)

And that's a good point, crit does require quite a lot of investment. I think I'll try without it. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

RoseEsque
Sep 17, 2019 13:28:33 PM

Would you do any adjustments when going for Cyclone-pulverize-rage instead of Cleave-ruthless-multistrike in the passive tree?

i'm still fairly new to poe and not confident in going my own way. Help would be appreciated!

playing with RT for now, ofc.

When it comes to items, i thought about going for Devotos for the MS. Otherwise, i'd stick to your suggestions.

EUDiaBoLuS
Sep 17, 2019 13:55:43 PM

"
EUDiaBoLuS wrote:
Would you do any adjustments when going for Cyclone-pulverize-rage instead of Cleave-ruthless-multistrike in the passive tree?

No, but then you can't use Berserk in your CWDT setup. It would drain Rage stacks and you'd lose damage.

CaptainWARLORD
Sep 17, 2019 13:59:10 PM

"
"
EUDiaBoLuS wrote:

No, but then you can't use Berserk in your CWDT setup. It would drain Rage stacks and you'd lose damage.

thanks!
i wouldn't hvae used it with cleave either i don't think, maybe frost bomb or a golem

EUDiaBoLuS
Sep 17, 2019 15:37:10 PM

im quite unsure about when to go for rage stacks, cause when im just mapping i dont really get that many as they will drop off rather quickly.

i also feel like i barely do any damage vs white tier packs with 2 320 pdps weapons.

any ideas?

Karathis
Sep 18, 2019 00:46:23 AM

"
"
ganf wrote:
I looked back a few pages and may have missed it but are there any recommendations on what to replace molten shell with now that it doesn't work with Cast with damage taken?

What makes you think it doesn't work? Sounds to me you just overleveled the gem.

"
ganf wrote:
Also, I'm trying to play around with a second equipment set for doing the blight content, swapping out cleave and brutality with frost blades and ancestral call but the damage is.... Crap... Any suggestions?

Well, of course it's crap. The tree and build are centered around Physical damage and Cleave. My suggestion is: get a Summoner friend.

I did and didn't even notice, just saw that it wasn't working and thought there was something I missed in the patch notes. Thanks.

Forgive me for being dense, been playing a long time but only stopped screwing around and looking at builds a few months ago.

Question: Given that Frost blades damage is derived directly from physical, why doesn't it convert well?

The reason I'm drawing this out is because it seems like I should be able to get adequate damage out of the build for frost blades, but I'm simply overlooking something or not considering adding something like crit. Since I don't get much play time I could be experimenting with this for a while before I figured it out, whereas someone with more intimate knowledge of the game mechanics could probably tell me off the cuff how to efficiently maximize Frost Blades DPS.

% physical gained as cold damage on weapons is a gimme, but can I get enough DPS from swapping passive gems and maybe jewelry to make it work?

I get like 5-10 hours to play a week. I'd probably be experimenting with this until the end of the league and still not figure out what you already know.

ganf
Sep 18, 2019 17:31:02 PM

"
ganf wrote:
"
"
ganf wrote:
I looked back a few pages and may have missed it but are there any recommendations on what to replace molten shell with now that it doesn't work with Cast with damage taken?

What makes you think it doesn't work? Sounds to me you just overleveled the gem.

"
ganf wrote:
Also, I'm trying to play around with a second equipment set for doing the blight content, swapping out cleave and brutality with frost blades and ancestral call but the damage is.... Crap... Any suggestions?

Well, of course it's crap. The tree and build are centered around Physical damage and Cleave. My suggestion is: get a Summoner friend.

I did and didn't even notice, just saw that it wasn't working and thought there was something I missed in the patch notes. Thanks.

Forgive me for being dense, been playing a long time but only stopped screwing around and looking at builds a few months ago.

Question: Given that Frost blades damage is derived directly from physical, why doesn't it convert well?

The reason I'm drawing this out is because it seems like I should be able to get adequate damage out of the build for frost blades, but I'm simply overlooking something or not considering adding something like crit. Since I don't get much play time I could be experimenting with this for a while before I figured it out, whereas someone with more intimate knowledge of the game mechanics could probably tell me off the cuff how to efficiently maximize Frost Blades DPS.

% physical gained as cold damage on weapons is a gimme, but can I get enough DPS from swapping passive gems and maybe jewelry to make it work?

I get like 5-10 hours to play a week. I'd probably be experimenting with this until the end of the league and still not figure out what you already know.

Frost damage does convert - but this is a physical build. So there is no support like resistance reduction.

And without this support the damage is not there. Especially with blights and their high toughness monsters.

You'll have to redesign the build for any elemental attacks - keeping the defensive part as core and redisigning damage, every gem, the entire skill tree. Getting 100% conversion, supporting resistance pierce, ditching Impale completely.

Losing impale (it's 100% physical) alone halves your damage - you have to compensate this somewhere.

If you don't like cleave you can easy test every other pure physical gem.

Cyclone for more mobility and Reave for more AOE would be the best candidates - with their own downsides. Both have less singe target dps, cyclone has more life on hit healing.

Llyrain
Sep 18, 2019 18:06:18 PM

"
Karathis wrote:
im quite unsure about when to go for rage stacks, cause when im just mapping i dont really get that many as they will drop off rather quickly.

i also feel like i barely do any damage vs white tier packs with 2 320 pdps weapons.

any ideas?

honstly, same. It felt cluncky and really unnecessary. The only time it felt useful was against big bosses.
Cyclone feels much smoother with this build. Still unsure if i really need bladestorm setup at all, maybe another cwdt or a supported totem

EUDiaBoLuS
Sep 19, 2019 00:33:39 AM

Hi Cap,

What Cleave enchant should we aim for - damage or attack speed?

Thanks,

T.

trzyszostki
Sep 19, 2019 07:54:30 AM

"
Llyrain wrote:

Frost damage does convert - but this is a physical build. So there is no support like resistance reduction.

And without this support the damage is not there. Especially with blights and their high toughness monsters.

You'll have to redesign the build for any elemental attacks - keeping the defensive part as core and redisigning damage, every gem, the entire skill tree. Getting 100% conversion, supporting resistance pierce, ditching Impale completely.

Losing impale (it's 100% physical) alone halves your damage - you have to compensate this somewhere.

If you don't like cleave you can easy test every other pure physical gem.

Cyclone for more mobility and Reave for more AOE would be the best candidates - with their own downsides. Both have less singe target dps, cyclone has more life on hit healing.

I do like cleave, I just want a second option for freezing targets during blight events. Frost blades seemed the best option for this because it takes such a minimal amount of effort to fill your screen with projectiles. Add in piercing and it seems like you'd be golden.

I hadn't realized impale becomes useless. Should've reviewed every gem. Looking at options to replace it now. But there has to be a way to make using a cold damage skill via equipment practical just for the specific circumstance of tower defense. You could sacrifice a lot of survivability with a skill like frost blades because of the guaranteed monster approach and the huge range. Stuff starts getting chilled before it's even on-screen.

Being able to sacrifice survivability gives options for using some of the blight uniques to gain resistance reducing passives instead of reworking the entire skill tree perhaps? I'll toy with this.

Maybe melee splash would make up some of the lost damage?

So if, in your opinion, frost blades can't fit as a secondary into the build, is there another cold based skill you'd recommend or should I keep beating my head against the wall until I make this work or give up?

Or is there a cheap way to add some cold damage to cleave and increase the range?

ganf
Sep 19, 2019 13:25:17 PM
  • Prev
  • Next