Forum Index Ranger [3.8] Fivers Frostblades Raider ||| 5+ mil Shaper DPS ||| All Content |||

History

I get a LOT of questions from people who need help with the guide, and I will try to help you all. But I suggest you read the FAQ section before you ask questions. There is a LOT of answers in there.
Also feel free to join me on my twitch-channel. This is the fastest way to get help if I am online. :)
http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr
It is also a very good idea to join the Discord server (https://discord.gg/GEVvaYE). There's over 400 ppl in there and some of them can help you.

I stream almot every day. Usually it will be somewhere between 19:30(7PM) to 23:30(11:30PM) (in Swedish time).
Feel free to do join me! :)
If you have questions about stuff in the guide, this is an excellent way to get fast and better answers.
You can click any of the above images to get to my different social media platforms.

---------> LATESTS CHANGES AND MOST RECENT POB <---------

3.8 changes

New PoB: https://pastebin.com/EvpE4yBX

There is an EXTENSIVE notes section in the PoB that basically explains most of it. I strongly suggest that you read it.
Based on the knowledge we have so far, these are the changes that will be made to the build in 3.8

Items

There are 8 different itemsets added to the PoB. They all reflect different budgets and levels.
The standard one is set to "Expensive". I think it's fair to assume that anyone who plays the build for a while will reach this level of gear.

Ascendancy
I have decided to keep using Avatar of the Chase.
The damage we would lose from switching to Avatar of the Veil is too significant.

Switching to Avatar of the Veil may be an option when you have high enough dps. The survival you get from it may be worth losing some.

Passive Skill Tree
There have been major changes to the passive skill tree in Blight League. Most noteably I have rerouted the tree for a more defensive version.
We lose some DPS, in favor for some extra life that we get from taking "Thick Skin"
We also get Fangs of Frost by going this way.

I have added 5 different skill trees to the PoB, which you can follow when leveling. If you feel that you want to prioritize different from the way I do it, feel free to do so. It is only a suggestion.
I have also kept the OLD tree from 3.7 if you want to try that one out. Slightly more damage, but less hp.
Also, keep in mind that this is just the skill tree I usually go by. If you are using this as league starter and feel that you are lacking damage, you may need to get some of those nodes before all the life nodes. It may be worth getting things like Fangs of Frost etc.

Skill Gems

In the PoB I've made a workaround for Multistrike, since it isn't working the way it should in PoB.
This means that in PoB the 6Link will not have Multistrike activated.

You'll see this workaround in the shape of a bunch of extra modifiers on the boots.

____________________________INTRODUCTION____________________________________

This build is a Claw & Shield based Frost Blades build.
It utilizes a fast clear speed, high mobility, high evasion, and high damage to clear all the available content. This isn't a tanky afk build. It requires a certain amount of skill in order to clear the hardest content.

_______________________________F_A_Q________________________________________

Please read the guide thoroughly before asking questions.
I get a lot of questions, and I don't mind helping out, but there's a good chance that it may have been answered already. :)
F.A.Q

What should I annoint on my amulet?
Answer
There are many good choices, depending on what you need.
The one that gives the most damage is Claws of the Falcon.
If you want life, you go for Constitution.
Tribal Fury for Clearspeed/QoL.

Budget damage: Claws of the Pride.
Damage + Resist: Holy Dominion
Damage + Stats: Divine Fervour

The colours on the sockets in PoB doesn't match the gems. Why?
Answer
It's just not important. Changing the socket colours in PoB doesn't do anything unless you are using items that gets bonuses from different colours.
Also, since it doesn't matter much which items you actually have your gem setup in, there's not really any point.

I'm having issues with mana. How do I solve this?
Answer
When you are leveling it might be difficult to maintain mana. You need to use a mana flask for a while, but you can also grab one of the mana leech nodes near Essence Sap. All such mana issues will disappear when you have Soul Raker, later on.

What about when I'm whirling?
As long as you have about 100 free unreserved mana this shouldn't be a problem. If you still feel that it is, then here's a few tips:
Remember to not link your Whirling Blades with too many support gems. Fortify and Cast on Critical strike is enough. You don't need Faster Attacks.

You can also link it with Reduced Mana cost or Blood Magic, but that means you have to skip the Cast on Crit setup. This is a good option when you are leveling though.

Why are you not using Point Blank?
Answer
The melee attack of Frost Blades does not count as a projectile, so Point Blank doesn't work for single target.
The range in which point blank is effective is also VERY short, so it's not really THAT effective for clearing either.

Why are you using a shield instead of 2 claws?
Answer
The extra damage you can get from 2 claws just isn't worth it. This build already has a pretty low amount of life. You'll get 5k+ in average gear, but that's low compared to a lot of other builds.
Having a shield also makes it a lot easier to reach your resistance cap, and your evasion cap.

If you also get a shield with reduced mana reservation, you can fit in another herald/aspect, which makes the difference in damage pretty low.

How can you afford to use 4 auras/aspects?
Answer
If you have a shield with 15% reduced mana reserved, you can have Hatred and Herald of Ice in that one, together with an Enlighten gem.
You also have to use your Precision on a low level (maybe even level one).
This gives you enough mana to use another Herald or Aspect.

My single target damage is low. What do I do?
Answer

If you are struggling with single-target damage, or damage in general, here's a couple of tips.

- Don't forget to swap out Ancestral Call for something else when you are fighting bosses!! (ruthless or Multistrike)

- Don't start using Hypothermia right away. Until you have some damage and crit, it doesn't scale that well. Use something like Added Cold Damage instead. A lvling 4L should be something like FB - EDWAS - Added Cold - Ancestral Call/multistrike

- Use Ancestral Protector with 3+ Links on it. I'm using an AP with Increased Melee Physical Damage and Ruthless.

- Get your buff/debuff skills. Get vaal haste if you can, frost bomb/wave of conviction, etc. They can make a big difference.

- If you can get a vaal double strike, it helps a lot.

- Don't forget to upgrade your gear! When you are playing any melee build as a league starter you will encounter issues if you don't properly maintain your gear. You need to upgrade your weapon as often as you can, and try to stack as much "added damage" as possible on your rings/amulet/gloves/etc.

- Get flasks! From quests you can get Silver Flask & and later on Diamond Flask. Use those. If you find a Sulphur Flask, those are also a good source for damage.

- Don't blindly follow the skill tree! Grab Fangs of Frost, or Primeval Force or whatever, if you are having issues.
The route that I take is just the way that I prefer doing it. But if you've actually had a look in the PoB, this is in the notes:

And if you have problems, please just hop on to the discord or join me on my stream and we can try to figure out the problem. I try ty stream most days around 19:30-23:30 GMT+2

I can't meet my INT/STR requirements. What do I do?
Answer

Multiple options.
If you manage to get a Lethal Pride, that will solve all strength problems. Otherwise you can get "Prowess" from the passive tree. You can also use lower level gems on your Ancestral Protector/Warchief and Berserk.

If you can't match your INT problems, make sure you have your flame dash at low level, and don't level Frost Bomb more than lvl 11-12.
Get the +30 INT node from the passive tree if needed.

I don't have a 6L. What gems should I use?
Answer

5L: Frost Blades - EDWAS - Hypothermia - Rage - Ancestral Call/Multistrike
4L: Frost Blades - EDWAS - Hypothermia/Added cold - Multi/AC

Why are you using Frost Bomb instead of Wave of Conviction?
Answer
In a cast on crit setup in Whirling Blades, wave of conviction seem to miss the target you whirl through, making it a bad option against bosses.
Wave of Conviction is better if you cast it manually though.

Why are you using Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil?
Answer

This is actually a very hard decision, and you don't have to use Chase.

You get more damage from Chase (quite a lot), but the phasing, elemental ailment immunity, and spell dodge from Veil is very good.

It's a good option to switch to Veil later on in the build when you feel that you don't really need more damage, but I think early on, the damage from Chase is too hard to pass up on.

How do I fix my privacy settings so you can view my character in PoB?

How do you deal with Uber Elder?
Answer

Well, the first thing you need to do is learn the fight. Check out this video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCnB8QEGDY

TLDW;

Replace
Darkray Vectors
Dragonscale Boots
  • 46% increased Armour and Evasion
  • +20% to Lightning Resistance
  • 5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
  • +1 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
  • 40% reduced Frenzy Charge Duration
  • 25% reduced Light Radius
  • 2% chance to Dodge Attack Hits per Frenzy Charge
  • "Sirrius flew on wings of light, faster than wind, faster

than thought. But try as he might to outrun the darkness,

it was there, at every turn, waiting for him."

- Azmerian legend

with
    Kaom's Roots
    Titan Greaves
  • Has no Sockets
  • Cannot be Knocked Back
  • +190 to maximum Life
  • Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value
  • Unwavering Stance
  • Don't flinch. It's a waste of good hitting time.

just for this fight. This will keep you from getting staggered/chilled/frozen, and make it a lot easier to keep moving. And you will need to move around a lot. Don't stand still too long.

But where do I place the 4 link that I had in my boots?
    I always have the Whirling Blades setup in my boots.
    I move those gems to my main hand, and skip the Cast on Crit setup. If you have Precision + Flame dash in your main hand, you can move it and replace Blood Rage, which isn't that important.

Another option is to normally play with a double CWDT setup, where you have CWDT + Blood Rage in your main hand. This way you don't have to move stuff around too much, and you can also keep Fortify. This means you normally use an extra gem slot just to make room for that CWDT, but versus Uber Elder, it's a better option.

It's a hard fight to learn, but once you've done it a few times, it's not that bad. And it's actually a very fun fight.

Why are you using Bloodseeker in the budget version instead of Wasp Nest or Touch of Anguish?
    Answer
    While they both are good alternatives, Bloodseeker gives us instant leech. This is incredibly strong for survivability. It is one of few items in the game that on it's own lets you facetank Shaper-beam.

Like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0XISDDVJA
    Or this: https://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr/clip/LittleProtectiveDumplingsRlyTho?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Also the dps on Bloodseeker is more than enough for most content.

If you would rather use one of the other though, then by all means, go for it! They are still good alternatives.

Why are you using 2 Fight for Survival jewels? You haven't taken enough dexterity to support them.
    Answer
    I think a lot of people are confused with the wording on this jewel, and I get why. There are threshold jewels that require you to have allocated a certain amount of dex/str/int within their radius in order for them to actually work.
    Fight for survival is not one of those. The dexterity requirement on Fight for Survival doesn't have to be allocated. As long as there is 40 dex within the radius, it works.
    You don't actually need to take the points.

What stats should I look for on Jewels?
    Answer
    Prefix:
    % Maximum Life
    Crit Multiplier with One-handed Melee Weapons
    Crit Multiplier with Cold Skills
    Attackspeed
    % Damage rolls. (Cold or Phys)

Suffix:
    Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
    Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
    Global Critical Strike Multiplier
    Attack speed / Damage

Abyss Prefix:
    +# to Maximum life
    Claw cold damage
    Claw phys dmg

Abyss Suffix:
    Cold damage
    Crit multiplier
    Attack Speed

Can I play this build in harcore?
    Answer
    No, I wouldn't recommend it. Staying alive with this build isn't a problem most of the time, but every now and then you can get surprised by something that will completely annihilate you.

I have actually made a HC Frost Blades Gladiator that works pretty good. It has good clearspeed, however it has very bad single target damage.

I can give you the PoB, but it's not a build that I will be help out with questions and shit about. It was just meant as a side project for me to get all the hardcore achievements. The build was made in 3.7 so you may need to adjust a few things. If you're playing hardcore, I'm sure you are skilled enough to do that. https://pastebin.com/r1g48W5B

I have heard that frost blades has low single target damage. Do you have an alternative setup for that?
    Answer
    The single target damage on Frost Blades is more than enough to clear all content in the game. In 3.7 I reached almost 15 million shaper DPS. I honestly don't know where this rumour comes from. See the gif at the top of the guide, or any of my other boss-videos and decide for yourself if you think that is low. :)
    Most melee/attack skills with aoe/multiple projectils have bad single target unless you scale them properly.

Where do you get your leech from without vitality void? How do you sustain mana?
    Answer
    The node Soul Raker is the source for most of our leech, including mana leech. We also get some life leech from the node blood drinker.
    Atziri's flask is another source.

How do I use Path of Building to measure my dps?
    Answer
    When you measure your dps, you click "configuration" and then cross the following:
    ✓Do you use frenzy charges?
    ✓Do you have onslaught?
    ✓Is the enemy chilled?
    ✓Is the enemy intimidated? (if you use Tombfist)
    ✓Is the enemy blind? (if you use Pandemonius)

Is the enemy a boss? -> Shaper/Guardian

Make sure your flasks are active in the items page by checking the checkbox.
    Make sure you have Ruthless equipped instead of Ancestral call.

Make sure you are looking at the right place. On the left side, you choose Frost Blades under "Main Skill".
    Also make sure you are looking at "total DPS" and not "Average Damage"

I am having trouble with Atziri's mirror-clone. How do you avoid killing yourself in that fight?
    Answer
    Remove Multistrike from your combo, and replace it with something like Melee Physical Damage (or leave it empty).
    Put yourself in the middle of the clones, close to the one you plan on attacking. Best positioning is if you have the mirror clone behind you.
    This way you shouldn't have any problems with projectiles bouncing on the mirror clone.

How do you craft a good claw?
    Answer
    Honestly, most of the times it is probably a better idea to just save up and buy one, but I usually craft my claws. It's a fairly simple strategy and it's really fun, but you will need a lot of currency.

For a detailed explanation and guide check out my video tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHG1608oSc8

Step 1: Find a good claw with item lvl 83
    why 83?
    Because the item level of an item determines how high tier it can get. To get a tier 1 roll for the mods we want on a claw, it has to be higher than level 83. But some mods (like resists) need a higher item level to roll tier 1.

The way it works when an item is rolled, is that the tier of the roll is determined before what type of attribute. With this knowledge we can exclude certain rolls.

Example: I have a level 84 claw. I use an alteration on it.

* First thing that happens is that it rolls the tier. I get lucky and get a T1 roll. :)
    * Second thing that happens is that it rolls the attribute. I get +46% fire resist. :(

If I instead use a level 83 claw, and get a T1 roll, it's impossible for me to roll T1 resist. Because T1 resist requires itemlevel 84+
    So the odds of getting an attack roll is higher.

Step 2: Use an Orb of Transmutation to make it magic.

Step 3: Spam Orb of Alterations until you get good mods.

Step 4: Regal it.

Step 5A: Bad regal? Start over.

Step 5B: Good regal? Finish up the crafting. Depending on what mods you have at this point, the process of finishing up is different.

There is one thing I never went over in the video.

If you get two really good prefixes when you regal a claw, but a really bad suffix, then in order for it to become a good claw you must first get rid of your suffix.

There are two ways to do this.

The expensive, but safe way:
    You take the claw to the crafting bench and add Prefixes cannot be changed (this counts as a suffix). Then you use a normal orb of scouring on it. This will remove both the crafted mod and any previous suffixes on an item, leaving you with an item with 2 prefixes.
    Then you craft Can have multiple mods and finish up the crafting.

The cheap, but unsafe way:
    Use an Orb of Annulment. This is risky because it can hit your prefixes, but it's a lot cheaper if you succeed.

MODS WE WANT

Bigger version of the picture above: https://i.imgur.com/lrC4f37.png

Getting a good physical roll is the most important roll on a magic claw. A tier 1 physical roll is always worth a regal, even if you have shitty suffixes.
    Added cold damage used to be pretty bad, but since the damage was changed in 3.7 it's actually pretty good now, assuming you get attack speed with it.

Attack speed is really the most important suffix.
    Getting critical strike chance is alright but attack speed is a lot more important.

Different Video Guides

I have made several different video guides on a couple of different PoE-related subjects.
    Some of the videos are pretty long, but they all have a timeline added in the description, and in the comments.

Crafting Weapons:

Crafting a Curse on Hit ring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwFq3OZkxZs

Crafting(gambling) a good Armour with fossils: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn21BhjXuA

Getting the right colours and links on your items: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPz-54Ia4PU

A beginners guide to Path of Building - Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFFq7YLmc00
    In this video I just go through the basics of Path of Building. If you are somewhat familiar with PoB, then the information in this video is probably not something new. It is primarily aimed at new players.

A beginners guide to Path of Building - Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eQFq48vDBU
    In this video I focus on how to properly assess a build that you've imported into PoB, and some important things that you should be aware of and look out for.

There will be a part 3 coming out soon, that will be aimed at how to import your own character in Path of Building, and how to properly measure your own DPS.

____________________________________________________________________________

Path of Building

Multistrike is currently bugged in path of building, so I have disabled it and created a flask that is meant to represent it instead. So don't be alarmed. I'm not trying to inflate the dps.

ORIGINAL BLUEPRINT: https://pastebin.com/EvpE4yBX
    The original blueprint was updated 2019-09-24.
    It is a very extensive POB, with 4 different item-sets depending on your budget. The different sets are:
    Budget - Cheap - Expensive - Very Expensive

The item-set for the budget version still contains a Watcher's Eye and Lethal Pride. Remove these to better reflect the actual dmg output of the budget version. The reason they are still there is because I can't assign them to a specific item-set.

Also, keep in mind that the leveling trees are just a suggestion to the way that I usually do it. If you are playing this as a league starter, or experiencing issues with single target damage, then you should take some of the damage nodes while you level.

My character in 3.7: https://pastebin.com/XYyXiX8L

Skills

Ascendancy

Order:
    Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter > Rapid Assault > Avatar of the Chase
    Or
    Rapid Assault > Avatar of the Chase > Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter

Both are solid options.

In 3.8 Avatar of the Veil is also a very good option. It's a trade-off between defense and offense.
    Bandits

Alira
    Good damage and resists.
    Pantheon

Major: Soul of the Brine King, Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Solaris.
    Pantheons are very situational. That's why I can't just say one pantheon that is the best of them. I tend to play with Solaris most of the time, but the other two are really good as well.

Minor: Soul of Gruthkul, Soul of Yugul, or Soul of Gharukan.

Frost Blades:

Frost Blades
    -
  • Level 21 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • 60% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage
  • Deals 142.1% of Base Damage
  • Fires 8 additional Projectiles
  • 81 to 122 Added Attack Cold Damage
  • 40% increased Projectile Speed
  • 20% increased Damage
  • +22 to Melee Weapon Range
  • Elemental Damage with Attacks Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • 10% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • Supported Attack Skills deal 54% more Elemental Damage
  • Hypothermia Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Supported Skills have 20% increased Effect of Chill on Enemies
  • Supported Skills have 10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled
  • Supported Skills deal 39% more Cold Damage Over Time
  • Supported Skills deal 39% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Chilled Enemies
  • Rage Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Supported Skills deal 11% increased Attack Damage
  • Supported Attacks deal 4 to 7 added Physical Damage with Weapons per 10 Rage
  • Supported Attacks deal 39 to 72 added Physical Damage with Weapons while you have at least 10 Rage
  • Supported Skills grant 1 Rage on Melee Hit, no more than once every 0.4 seconds
  • Multistrike Support
    -
  • Level 21 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Supported Skills Repeat 2 additional times
  • Supported Skills have 45% more Melee Attack Speed
  • Supported Skills deal 10% less Attack Damage
  • Supported Skills deal 10% increased Melee Physical Damage
  • First Repeat of Supported Skills deals 22% more Damage
  • Second Repeat of Supported Skills deals 44% more Damage

• Ruthless Support
    -
  • Level 21 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Every third Attack with Supported Melee Attacks deals a Ruthless Blow
  • Ruthless Blows with Supported Skills deal 135% more Melee Damage
  • Ruthless Blows with Supported Skills deal 135% more Damage with Bleeding caused by Melee Hits
  • Ruthless Blows with Supported Skills have a base Stun Duration of 0.8 seconds
  • Supported Skills deal 10% increased Attack Damage
  • Ancestral Call Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Supported Skills have 10% increased Attack Speed
  • Supported Strike Skills target 2 additional nearby Enemies

• When mapping, use Ancestral Call instead of Ruthless. Ancestral call together with Frost Blades is incredibly powerful.

Here's why

This is how Frost Blades normally work:

The maximum amount of targets it can hit is 8.
    This is how Frost Blades work with Ancestral Call:

When we use Frost Blades together with Ancestral Call, it adds 2 melee hits.
    Basically, you are throwing 3 Frost Blades at the same time.
    The maximum amount of targets it can hit is 24.
    But here's where it gets cool:
    Ancestral Call can attack in all directions. So you are not only throwing 3 Frost Blades at the same time, but you can jump into the middle of an enemy pack, and just explode them from inside in all directions, if you should wish.

And we're not done...
    Let's assume we are fighting only 3 targets, and they are perfectly lined up for maximum destruction.
    Here's how Frost Blades work:

Each target gets hit one time.
    Here's how Frost Blades work with Ancestral Call:

The targets on the sides gets hit 2 times.
    The target in the middle gets hit 3 times.

This is why Ancestral Call is so incredibly strong for clearspeed.
    Yes, we get lower DPS.. It is extremely bad to have equipped when we are fighting single targets.

But:
    + it can hit more targets
    + it can shoot in all directions
    + it can hit the same targets multiple times

I've noticed that when a lot of people send me pastebins, you have forgotten to compensate for multistrike not working in PoB. I add a little text to my Darkray Vectors to compensate for it. Make sure you have done that before you check your DPS, if you want it to reflect your actual damage. You can add the text to any item.
    how to do it

Url to bigger gif:
    https://gfycat.com/SmartBlackandwhiteGnatcatcher.gif

Text to copy:
    MULTISTRIKE WORKAROUND
    44% more melee attack speed
    10% less attack damage
    10% increased melee physical damage
    22% more damage
    MULTISTRIKE WORKAROUND

Auras:
    Enlighten Support
    -
  • Level 3 (Max)
  • Hatred
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • +19 to radius
  • You and nearby allies gain 25% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
  • You and nearby allies deal 18% more Cold Damage
  • Herald of Ice
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +4%
  • Deals 308 to 462 Cold Damage
  • Damage cannot be Reflected
  • Adds 38 to 56 Cold Damage to Spells
  • 3% increased Cold Damage
  • Adds 38 to 56 Cold Damage to Attacks

• Precision
    -
  • Level 10
  • +9 to radius
  • You and nearby allies gain 49% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • You and nearby allies gain +385 to Accuracy Rating

• Keep Herald of Ice and Hatred in your shield, together with Enlighten.
    If you get a shield with 15% reduced mana reserved, you can fit in another Herald or Aspect. In this case make sure to use a lvl 1 precision
    We will put the Precision elsewhere. See further down.

Movement:
    For Movement & Debuffs there will be 2 different setups depending on if you have "Curse enemies with level # Assassin's Mark on hit" on your rare shaped ring, or not.
    Click here to learn how to craft one.

Option 1:
    This is the setup you use if you don't have an Assassin's Mark ring.
    Whirling Blades
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Deals 120% of Base Damage
  • +0.6 seconds to Attack Time
  • 11% increased Attack Speed
  • Fortify Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +1%
  • Supported Skills grant Fortify on Melee hit
  • Supported Skills have 34% increased Fortify duration
  • Supported Skills deal 34% more Damage with Ailments caused by Melee Hits
  • Supported Skills deal 34% more Melee Damage
  • Flame Dash
    -
  • Level 10
  • Deals 84 to 126 Fire Damage
  • Deals 221.4 Base Fire Damage per second
  • Base duration is 4.00 seconds
  • 36% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed

• Option 2:
    This is the setup you use if you have an Assassin's Mark ring.
    Whirling Blades
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Fortify Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +1%
  • Cast On Critical Strike Support
    -
  • Level 19
  • Supported Skills deal 38% more Spell Damage
  • Supported Attacks will Trigger a Supported Spell when you Crit an Enemy
  • You cannot Cast Supported Triggerable Spells directly
  • Frost Bomb
    -
  • Level 13
  • Quality +15%
  • Deals 306 to 459 Cold Damage
  • Base duration is 2.00 seconds
  • Base secondary duration is 5.00 seconds
  • 25% reduced Energy Shield Recharge rate
  • 75% reduced Life Regeneration rate
  • 15% increased Cold Damage
  • 75% reduced Energy Shield Regeneration rate
  • Cold Exposure applies -25% to Cold Resistance

• (In this case Flame Dash will be placed in another item.)

Attack speed & Dmg boost:
    Ancestral Protector
    -
  • Level 18
  • Quality +8%
  • 8% increased Totem Damage
  • Summons a Totem which uses the Supported Skill
  • Totem lasts 12 seconds
  • Deals 138.3% of Base Damage
  • 19% more Attack Speed while Totem is Active
  • 50% increased Totem Placement speed
  • +18 to Melee range
  • Berserk
    -
  • Level 18
  • Lose 5 Rage per second
  • At least 5 Rage required to start Berserking
  • 19% more Damage with Attacks
  • 19% more Attack Speed
  • 30% more Movement Speed
  • 19% less Damage taken
  • Each second, 20% more Rage loss Rate
  • This Skill's Cooldown does not recover during its effect
  • Vaal Haste
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • +19 to radius
  • You and nearby allies gain 9% increased Movement Speed
  • You and nearby allies gain 16% increased Cast Speed
  • You and nearby allies gain 16% increased Attack Speed
  • Vaal Ancestral Warchief
    -
  • Level 19
  • Summons a Totem which uses the Supported Skill
  • Totem lasts 12 seconds
  • Deals 131.8% of Base Damage
  • 17% more Melee Damage while Totem is Active
  • 50% increased Totem Placement speed
  • +10 to Melee range

• Berserk and Vaal Haste provide an incredible burst for bosses and other big mobs. Try to make sure to have these up at the end of maps, and you'll have no problem melting through the boss. (You should obviously try to be at 50 rage, but that isn't usually a problem)

Vaal Ancestral Warchief is also an incredible damage burst, and you can have both Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral Protector activated even though they are both totems.

CWDT:
    Cast when Damage Taken Support
    -
  • Level 1
  • This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level 38 or lower
  • Supported Skills deal 70% less Damage
  • Trigger Supported Spells when you take a total of 528 Damage
  • Immortal Call
    -
  • Level 1
  • Base duration is 1.00 seconds
  • 20% increased Buff Duration per Endurance Charge removed
  • This Skill's Cooldown does not recover during its effect
  • 25% less Elemental Damage taken
  • 25% less Physical Damage taken
  • 15.0% less Physical Damage taken per Endurance Charge removed
  • Summon Ice Golem
    -
  • Level 3
  • Maximum 1 Summoned Golem
  • 34% increased Minion Maximum Life
  • Golems Grant 21% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • Golems Grant 21% increased Accuracy
  • Blood Rage
    -
  • Level 1
  • Base duration is 7.00 seconds
  • 5% increased Attack Speed
  • 1.2% of Attack Physical Damage Leeched as Life
  • You take 4% of your Maximum Life per second as Physical Damage
  • You take 4% of your Maximum Energy Shield per second as Physical Damage
  • 25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill

• Keep the gems on low level to make sure it proccs as often as possible. CWDT should be level 1.
    Some people try to fit in an enfeeble gem in the CWDT setup. It's up to you, if you can find the space or need.

Curses and debuff:
    For Movement & Debuffs there will be 2 different setups depending on if you have "Curse enemies with level # Assassin's Mark on hit" on your rare shaped ring, or not.
    Click here to learn how to craft one.

Option 1:
    This is what you use if you don't have an Assassin's Mark ring.
    Frost Bomb
    -
  • Level 13
  • Quality +15%
  • Curse On Hit Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Supported Skills apply supported Curses on Hit
  • You cannot Cast Supported Curses
  • Supported Skills have 12% reduced Curse Duration
  • Assassin's Mark
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Base duration is 9.80 seconds
  • +10 to radius
  • Cursed enemies have a 30% chance to grant a Power Charge when slain
  • Cursed enemies take 20% increased Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
  • Hits against Cursed Enemies have +2.5% to Critical Strike Chance
  • Cursed enemies grant 25 Life when Killed
  • Cursed enemies grant 25 Mana when Killed

• Precision
    -
  • Level 10
  • +9 to radius
  • You and nearby allies gain 49% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • You and nearby allies gain +385 to Accuracy Rating

• Option 2:
    This is the setup you use if you have an Assassin's Mark ring.
    Whirling Blades
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Fortify Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +1%
  • Cast On Critical Strike Support
    -
  • Level 19
  • Supported Skills deal 38% more Spell Damage
  • Supported Attacks will Trigger a Supported Spell when you Crit an Enemy
  • Frost Bomb
    -
  • Level 13
  • Quality +15%

• (In this case Precision will be placed in another item.)

Gear

My current gear

Updated 2019-08-01

Dusk Fang
    Imperial Claw
  • +46 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
  • Adds 27 to 49 Physical Damage
  • 27% increased Attack Speed
  • Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
  • 127% increased Physical Damage
  • 23% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate 16% Elemental Resistances
  • +14% to Quality
  • Loath Nail
    Two-Stone Ring
  • +16% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit
  • +52 to maximum Life
  • -9 to Total Mana Cost of Skills
  • +16% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • 18% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • Mark of the Elder
    Steel Ring
  • Adds 4 to 14 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 20% chance to Trigger Level 20 Tentacle Whip on Kill
  • Adds 32 to 44 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • 6% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 9% increased maximum Life
  • 77% increased Attack Damage if your other Ring is a Shaper Item
  • Cannot be Stunned by Attacks if your other Ring is an Elder Item
  • Be not stirred by the Void.

The Pandemonius
    Jade Amulet
  • +29 to Dexterity
  • 29% increased Cold Damage
  • +40% to Cold Resistance
  • Chill Enemy for 1 second when Hit, reducing their Action Speed by 30%
  • Blind Chilled Enemies on Hit
  • Damage Penetrates 20% Cold Resistance against Chilled Enemies
  • A single moment sets in motion an eternal fall,

beneath which all are buried.

Hypnotic Watch
    Golden Buckler
  • 6% increased Movement Speed
  • Socketed Gems have 15% reduced Mana Reservation
  • +37 to Evasion Rating
  • +130 to maximum Life
  • +7% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +1% to all maximum Resistances
  • 5% chance to deal Double Damage
  • Soul Suit
    Zodiac Leather
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim
  • +21 to Dexterity
  • +347 to Evasion Rating
  • +128 to maximum Life
  • Attacks have +1.48% to Critical Strike Chance
  • 7% increased maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Mana
  • Abyssus
    Ezomyte Burgonet
  • +21 to all Attributes
  • Adds 40 to 60 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +117% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 105% increased Armour
  • 40% increased Physical Damage taken
  • When you have slain all of your enemies,

what is left to fear?

Shaper's Touch
    Crusader Gloves
  • 89% increased Armour and Energy Shield
  • +4 Accuracy Rating per 2 Intelligence
  • +1 Life per 4 Dexterity
  • +2 Mana per 4 Strength
  • 2% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength
  • 2% increased Evasion Rating per 10 Intelligence
  • 2% increased Melee Physical Damage per 10 Dexterity
  • By my hand, the inert is given life.

By my hand, that which rots is reborn.

There is nothing that cannot be changed.

Nothing.

Pandemonium Harness
    Stygian Vise
  • Has 1 Abyssal Socket
  • Grants Level 20 Aspect of the Cat Skill
  • +10 to Armour
  • +83 to maximum Life
  • +43% to Fire Resistance
  • 42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • +20% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
  • Headhunter
    Leather Belt
  • +30 to maximum Life
  • +40 to Strength
  • +53 to Dexterity
  • +56 to maximum Life
  • 30% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
  • When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • "A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and

judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.

The head is where the Man is."

- Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

Darkray Vectors
    Dragonscale Boots
  • 47% increased Armour and Evasion
  • +36% to Lightning Resistance

- Azmerian legend

Starkonja's Head
    Silken Hood
  • +57 to Dexterity
  • 50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • 25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 124% increased Evasion Rating
  • +92 to maximum Life
  • 150% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
  • There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,

but merely a long sleep made eternal.

Perpetual Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
  • 21% increased Charge Recovery
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Atziri's Promise
    Amethyst Flask
  • 2% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
  • Gain 16% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • Gain 15% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • "Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty."

- Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

Taste of Hate
    Sapphire Flask
  • 20% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage during Flask effect
  • Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect
  • 30% chance to Avoid being Chilled during Flask effect
  • 30% chance to Avoid being Frozen during Flask effect
  • A sip will freeze your lips,

A swig will chill your heart,

A glass will still your soul.

Lion's Roar
    Granite Flask
  • Adds Knockback to Melee Attacks during Flask effect
  • Knocks Back Enemies in an Area when you use a Flask
  • 75% chance to cause Enemies to Flee on use
  • 25% more Melee Physical Damage during effect
  • A sprinkle of hunger, a spoonful of menace

and three generous cups of Might.

Ample Divine Life Flask of Staunching
    -
  • +16 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Inspired Learning
    Crimson Jewel
  • With 4 Notables Allocated in Radius, When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain 1 of its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • If you do not learn from a won battle

then you have already lost the war.

Lethal Pride
    Timeless Jewel
  • Commanded leadership over 14077 warriors under Kiloava Passives in radius are Conquered by the Karui
  • Historic
  • They believed themselves the greatest warriors, but that savagery turned upon their own.

Fight for Survival
    Viridian Jewel
  • With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Melee Damage dealt by Frost Blades Penetrates 15% Cold Resistance
  • With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Frost Blades has 25% increased Projectile Speed
  • The winter that followed the Cataclysm was especially harsh.

Wraeclast's few survivors fought to the death for the last scraps of bread.

Fight for Survival
    Viridian Jewel
  • 6% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies
  • 14% increased Cold Damage
  • With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Melee Damage dealt by Frost Blades Penetrates 15% Cold Resistance
  • With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Frost Blades has 25% increased Projectile Speed

Pandemonium Dream
    Viridian Jewel
  • 4% increased Damage
  • 5% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
  • +15% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
  • 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed

• _____________________________Gear in detail_____________________________

Recommended uniques:
    "
    Boots:
    Darkray Vectors
    Dragonscale Boots
  • 44% increased Armour and Evasion
  • +40% to Lightning Resistance

- Azmerian legend

Kaom's Roots
    Titan Greaves
  • Has no Sockets
  • Cannot be Knocked Back
  • +190 to maximum Life
  • Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value
  • Unwavering Stance
  • Don't flinch. It's a waste of good hitting time.

Darkray Vectors are best in slot. They are also very cheap. Only occasion where we don't use them is vs Uber Elder. We use Kaom's Roots in that fight.

Amulet:
    Rift Clasp
    Agate Amulet
  • +24 to Strength and Intelligence
  • 24% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +36% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +22 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +84 to maximum Life
  • +7% to all Elemental Resistances
  • 21% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

• A good rare amulet will beat other alternatives. Ideally you want Critical Strike Multiplier on it, along with Life, EDWAS, and at least one more dmg modifier.
    Other options are:
    The Pandemonius
    Jade Amulet
  • +29 to Dexterity
  • 22% increased Cold Damage
  • +39% to Cold Resistance
  • Chill Enemy for 1 second when Hit, reducing their Action Speed by 30%
  • Blind Chilled Enemies on Hit
  • Damage Penetrates 20% Cold Resistance against Chilled Enemies
  • A single moment sets in motion an eternal fall,

beneath which all are buried.

Hyrri's Truth
    Jade Amulet
  • +23 to Dexterity
  • Grants Level 22 Precision Skill
  • +30 to Dexterity
  • Adds 12 to 27 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 11 to 24 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • +23% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 0.97% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
  • Precision has 50% less Mana Reservation
  • Strike true, strike hard, and leave no survivors to retaliate.

Both of these are incredibly strong.
    Pandemonius gives us a LOT of damage, but also provides us with survivability thanks to the blind. It's an expensive amulet though.
    Hyrri's Truth is another really good option. It's less expensive than Pandemonius, and gives about the same in terms of damage.

Rings:
    Mark of the Elder
    Steel Ring
  • Adds 4 to 14 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 20% chance to Trigger Level 20 Tentacle Whip on Kill
  • Adds 32 to 44 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • 6% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 9% increased maximum Life
  • 77% increased Attack Damage if your other Ring is a Shaper Item
  • Cannot be Stunned by Attacks if your other Ring is an Elder Item
  • Be not stirred by the Void.

Mind Grip
    Sapphire Ring
  • +30% to Cold Resistance
  • Adds 7 to 11 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 13 to 20 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • +10% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +30% to Fire Resistance
  • +48 to maximum Life
  • Kraken Grasp
    Sapphire Ring
  • +30% to Cold Resistance
  • +40% to Fire Resistance
  • Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit
  • Adds 11 to 24 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • +55 to maximum Life
  • 16% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

• Mark of the Elder together with a shaped rare ring.
    Most important stats on the rare ring are life and resist, but if you can fit in some cold/phys dmg or EDWAS, that's great.
    In the best case scenario, you can get a ring with "Curse enemies with level # Assassin's Mark on hit". That frees up some gem slots for you.

Helmet:
    Starkonja's Head
    Silken Hood
  • +57 to Dexterity
  • 50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • 25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 124% increased Evasion Rating
  • +92 to maximum Life
  • 150% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
  • There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,

but merely a long sleep made eternal.

Abyssus
    Ezomyte Burgonet
  • +22 to all Attributes
  • Adds 40 to 60 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +125% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 103% increased Armour
  • 44% increased Physical Damage taken
  • When you have slain all of your enemies,

what is left to fear?

Abyssus gives us so much damage, it's insane, but most of the time Starkonja's is better. Abyssus is only really useful in certain fights where the enemy doesn't do a lot of physical damage.
    Starkonja gives lots of life, evasion, attack speed, and crit chance.

40% increased Frost blades damage is ideal of course.

Jewels:
    Fight for Survival
    Viridian Jewel
  • 11% increased Cold Damage

Fight for Survival
    Viridian Jewel
  • 10% increased Cold Damage

We're using Frost Blades, so yeah..

Lethal Pride
    Timeless Jewel
  • Commanded leadership over 14077 warriors under Kiloava Passives in radius are Conquered by the Karui
  • Historic
  • They believed themselves the greatest warriors, but that savagery turned upon their own.

This jewel modifiers to the passive points within it's radius. It will give you different bonuses depending on what seed it has, and where you place it. Try to get one and place it in different spots. If it's not good, use divines on it when you can, until you find a good one. You will see the bonuses you get from it by mousing over the passive points in the radius. Only way to know if it's good or not is to test it.

Watcher's Eye
    Prismatic Jewel
  • 4% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 6% increased maximum Life
  • 4% increased maximum Mana
  • Adds 67 to 91 Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
  • Unaffected by Conductivity while affected by Purity of Lightning
  • One by one, they stood their ground against a creature

they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating,

and one by one, they became a part of it.

Watcher's Eye
    Prismatic Jewel
  • 5% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 5% increased maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Mana
  • 10% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage while affected by Purity of Lightning
  • Damage Penetrates 13% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred
  • -7 to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity

Watcher's Eye
    Prismatic Jewel
  • 5% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 5% increased maximum Life
  • 6% increased maximum Mana
  • 53% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
  • Unaffected by Enfeeble while affected by Grace

May be expensive, but I would recommend getting some version of it.
    The best one would probably be the one with added cold damage, but it depends slightly on your gear.

What to look for on rare jewels
    Prefix:
    % Maximum Life
    Crit Multiplier with One-handed Melee Weapons
    Crit Multiplier with Cold Skills
    Attackspeed
    % Damage rolls. (Cold or Phys)

Suffix:
    Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
    Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
    Global Critical Strike Multiplier
    Attack speed / Damage

Abyss Prefix:
    +# to Maximum life
    Claw cold damage
    Claw phys dmg

Abyss Suffix:
    Cold damage
    Crit multiplier
    Attack Speed

Other gear:
    "

Weapon:
    Dusk Fang
    Imperial Claw
  • Adds 27 to 49 Physical Damage
  • 127% increased Physical Damage
  • 23% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate 16% Elemental Resistances
  • +14% to Quality
  • Havoc Fang
    Imperial Claw
  • 38% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 20 to 49 Physical Damage
  • +89 to Accuracy Rating
  • 129% increased Physical Damage
  • 20% increased Attack Speed
  • 24% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • +17% to Quality
  • Grim Gutter
    Imperial Claw
  • Adds 95 to 173 Cold Damage
  • 24% increased Attack Speed
  • 122% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 14 to 28 Physical Damage
  • 21% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • +17% to Quality
  • Brimstone Barb
    Imperial Claw
  • Adds 20 to 44 Physical Damage
  • Adds 63 to 121 Chaos Damage
  • 129% increased Physical Damage
  • 25% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • +17% to Quality
  • Vortex Song
    Imperial Claw
  • 179% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 26 to 47 Physical Damage
  • Adds 32 to 57 Fire Damage
  • 15% increased Attack Speed
  • 25% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • Gloom Stinger
    Imperial Claw
  • 229% increased Physical Damage
  • 21% increased Attack Speed
  • +79 to Accuracy Rating
  • Adds 12 to 21 Physical Damage
  • 26% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • Vortex Fist
    Imperial Claw
  • 169% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 39 to 65 Cold Damage
  • Adds 12 to 22 Physical Damage
  • 22% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • Rage Talons
    Imperial Claw
  • 168% increased Physical Damage
  • 25% increased Attack Speed
  • 30% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • +2 Mana gained on Kill
  • 34% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • Adds 14 to 22 Physical Damage

• A claw with high PDPS and "Attacks with this weapon penetrate 14-16% elemental resistances", is the best option. You can also go for a claw with straight up high PDPS, or a hybrid claw with high phys + added cold.

Mods to look for on claws

Bigger version of the picture above: https://i.imgur.com/lrC4f37.png

Bloodseeker
    Hellion's Paw
  • 1.6% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
  • 160% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 10 to 12 Physical Damage
  • 5% increased Attack Speed
  • 1.2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
  • 5% increased Movement Speed
  • Life Leech from Hits with this Weapon is instant
  • "For the life of the flesh will always be in the blood."

- Atalui, Vaal Priestess

If you don't have a high budget my favorite alternative is a Bloodseeker.
    The instant leech you get from this claw is incredibly powerful and I have cleared most content with it. You can facetank Shaperbeam with this badboy.
    Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0XISDDVJA
    Or this: https://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr/clip/LittleProtectiveDumplingsRlyTho?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Other good alternatives are Wasp Nest and Touch of Anguish.

Shield:
    Hypnotic Watch
    Golden Buckler
  • 6% increased Movement Speed
  • Socketed Gems have 15% reduced Mana Reservation
  • +28 to Evasion Rating
  • +135 to maximum Life
  • +8% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +1% to all maximum Resistances
  • 4% chance to deal Double Damage

• A rare shield with:
    Life
    High evasion
    Resists
    Reduced mana reservation

Anything beyond that is just a bonus. The Aura Reservation saves us a gem slot otherwise used for Enlighten. A shield with high evasion is a big source for our evade chance and helps a lot with reaching 95% evade.
    You can also craft cool stuff like 5% chance to deal double damage on them.

Gloves:

Shaper's Touch
    Crusader Gloves
  • 89% increased Armour and Energy Shield
  • +4 Accuracy Rating per 2 Intelligence
  • +1 Life per 4 Dexterity
  • +2 Mana per 4 Strength
  • 2% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength
  • 2% increased Evasion Rating per 10 Intelligence
  • 2% increased Melee Physical Damage per 10 Dexterity
  • By my hand, the inert is given life.

By my hand, that which rots is reborn.

There is nothing that cannot be changed.

Nothing.

Shaper's Touch is best in slot. Only downside with them is the lack of resist.
    Getting a pair with +1 frenzy charge corruption is ideal.

Phoenix Fingers
    Spiked Gloves
  • 19% increased Melee Damage
  • Adds 8 to 15 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • +82 to maximum Life
  • +23% to Fire Resistance
  • +40% to Lightning Resistance
  • 0.36% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

• You can use rare gloves if you have a hard time maxing your resists. It may come at the cost of life and damage though, and is not a long term solution.

As a sidenote. It is theoretically possible to reach very high DPS using a pair of Tombfists. That would however require double-abyss Tombfists, with frenzy charges and socketed with GG jewels. The option exists, but isn't worth striving for.

Chest:
    Soul Suit
    Zodiac Leather
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim
  • +21 to Dexterity
  • +347 to Evasion Rating
  • +128 to maximum Life
  • Attacks have +1.48% to Critical Strike Chance
  • 8% increased maximum Life
  • 8% increased maximum Mana
  • Golem Shelter
    Assassin's Garb
  • 3% increased Movement Speed
  • +394 to Evasion Rating
  • +144 to maximum Life
  • 10% increased maximum Life
  • +33% to Lightning Resistance
  • 12% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +18 to Intelligence
  • +12% to Quality
  • Glyph Hide
    Zodiac Leather
  • 75% increased Evasion Rating
  • +101 to maximum Life
  • +40% to Fire Resistance
  • +42% to Lightning Resistance
  • 25% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +197 to Evasion Rating
  • Agony Carapace
    Zodiac Leather
  • 68% increased Evasion Rating
  • +112 to maximum Life
  • +32% to Cold Resistance
  • +27% to Fire Resistance

• A good rare body armour is our best option. Lot's of HP and high evasion is the goal to start with.
    When you start getting currency, or have a base to craft on, geting one with Maim and/or Crit chance on it is incredibly strong, and it should be the end-goal. Maim is the stronger one out of the two, but you can get both if you are lucky.
    Buying one of these is expensive unless you get lucky and make it yourself (Check video about fossil crafting armours in the video section).
    First priority is to get one with high life and evasion.

There are a lot of options until you find a good rare. You'll have to decide for yourself which works best for you. These can all be good alternatives if you can make them fit and make up for the lost stats you can get from a rare.

Yriel's Fostering (Rhoa or Ursa) - This is also an incredible DPS boost. It has decent evasion and decent max life. An all around good chest.
    Cons: It lacks resists

Farrul's Fur
    Another really good armour. Decent evasion and decent life.
    It allows for the use of Aspect of the Cat, without having to reserve any mana. Aspect of the cat is a great buff both offensively and defensively.

Belt:
    Spirit Buckle
    Stygian Vise
  • Has 1 Abyssal Socket
  • +42 to Strength
  • +94 to maximum Life
  • +42% to Cold Resistance
  • +35% to Lightning Resistance
  • Reflects 8 Physical Damage to Melee Attackers
  • 21% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills

• Stygian belts are superior to all other belts for this build.
    We want Life/resists/EDWAS
    Flat elemental damage on the jewel adds nice damage. Preferably cold damage.

I mean.. This is also an option I guess.
    Headhunter
    Leather Belt
  • +30 to maximum Life
  • +40 to Strength
  • +53 to Dexterity
  • +56 to maximum Life
  • 30% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
  • When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • "A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and

judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.

The head is where the Man is."

- Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

Headhunter isn't really good for anything else than speedfarming stuff though. Against things like shaper/uber elder, it is useless. So don't go and buy a Headhunter and think it will magically make you super-strong. It doesn't work like that. :)

Flasks:
    Experimenter's Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • 37% increased Duration
  • Atziri's Promise
    Amethyst Flask
  • 2% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
  • Gain 18% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • Gain 12% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • "Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty."

- Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

Lion's Roar
    Granite Flask
  • Adds Knockback to Melee Attacks during Flask effect
  • Knocks Back Enemies in an Area when you use a Flask
  • 75% chance to cause Enemies to Flee on use
  • 23% more Melee Physical Damage during effect
  • A sprinkle of hunger, a spoonful of menace

and three generous cups of Might.

The Overflowing Chalice
    Sulphur Flask
  • Creates Consecrated Ground on Use
  • 100% increased Charge Recovery
  • 15% increased Duration
  • Gains no Charges during Effect of any Overflowing Chalice Flask
  • 100% increased Charges gained by Other Flasks during Flask Effect
  • Empty cup, full of promise.

Perpetual Sanctified Life Flask of Staunching
    -
  • 36% increased Charge Recovery
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Taste of Hate
    Sapphire Flask
  • 20% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage during Flask effect
  • Gain 17% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect
  • 30% chance to Avoid being Chilled during Flask effect
  • 30% chance to Avoid being Frozen during Flask effect
  • A sip will freeze your lips,

A swig will chill your heart,

A glass will still your soul.

If you get a Taste of Haste, you replace Overflowing Chalice.

Skill Tree

I used to have a skill-tree walkthrough video, but I have decided to remove that one for now, since it's outdated. I may make a new one later on, but it's not in the pipeline right now.
    In the newest version of PoB, there are 5 different passive trees to simulate the leveling progress. You can find them by clicking the dropdown menu in the bottom left corner of the passive tree.

Also, keep in mind that this is just the skill tree I usually go by. If you are using this as league starter and feel that you are lacking damage, you may need to get some of those nodes before all the life nodes. It may be worth getting things like Fangs of Frost etc.

____________________________________________________________________________

Videos

Video Guide (25m 24s)

Showcase Video vs Bosses (2m 18s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubW2eK5RuCM

Deathless Uber Elder (2m 29s)
    Full fight is 2 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46jW3ayPRE

Full Shaper fight in 2 minutes (2m 16s)
    Full fight is 2 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73pPkgskmI

7 second Shaper kill
    Killing phase 3 shaper from 100% hp (well, almost) in a 7 second burst.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkQYpWJMOA

Ikordan's MF version (2m 46s)
    (T16 with MF gear.)
    https://youtu.be/KHFMeyAjX0w

Passive skilltree walkthrough (13m 31s)
    (from level 1 to 100 with explanations.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LrRZmQ9ag

Weaponcrafting Tutorial (31m)
    (Very thorough)

Armourcrafting Tutorial (19m 51s)
    (Very thorough)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dn21BhjXuA

Uber Elder Walkthrough (4m 30s)
    (Itemization and how to handle the fight.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eCnB8QEGDY

Red Elder deleted in 3 seconds

Leveling Tips

single target damage when leveling

Ok, so if you are struggling with single-target damage, or damage in general, here's a couple of tips.

- Don't forget to swap out Ancestral Call for something else when you are fighting bosses!! (ruthless or Multistrike)

- Use Ancestral Protector with 3+ Links on it. I'm using an AP with Increased Melee Physical Damage and Ruthless.

- Get your buff/debuff skills. Get vaal haste if you can, frost bomb/wave of conviction, etc. They can make a big difference.

- If you can get a vaal double strike, it helps a lot.

- Don't forget to upgrade your gear! When you are playing any melee build as a league starter you will encounter issues if you don't properly maintain your gear. You need to upgrade your weapon as often as you can, and try to stack as much "added damage" as possible on your rings/amulet/gloves/etc.

- Don't blindly follow the skill tree!
    The route that I take is just the way that I prefer doing it. But if you look in the PoB, this is in the notes:

And if you have problems, please just hop on to the discord or join me on my stream and we can try to figure out the problem.

There are 4 different sets of items in the PoB link.
    There are also 5 different passive skilltrees to simulate your progress at different levels.
    There are A LOT of notes in the 'notes' section in the PoB-pastebin.
    If you want to make it easier for yourself, you should read those.

I'm gonna leave the old info below here, but I really suggest you look in the PoB.

You can pretty much start with frost blades from the start.
    Use something like Last Resort until you get to lvl 26, and then you switch into 2xEwar's Mirage.
    Ewar's mirage is a seriously underestimated weapon. You can use those badboys up to lvl 70 with ease. They scale so good.
    It is also entirely possible to just pick up good rares.

In order to get the most out of Ewar's Mirage, you need to stack some flat damage on gear. There are shitloads of good options for this.
    Anything with Adds # to # phys/cold/light/fire damage is good. There are lots of cheap lowlvl uniques that are great for this.
    Some examples:
    Ondar's Clasp
    Wrapped Mitts
  • 30% increased Attack Speed when on Full Life
  • Adds 1 to 13 Lightning Damage to Attacks
  • +64 to Accuracy Rating
  • 20% increased Movement Speed when on Low Life
  • A single lightning strike fells a man.

A single knife stroke fells an empire.

Wake of Destruction
    Mesh Boots
  • Adds 1 to 120 Lightning Damage to Attacks
  • 37% increased Armour and Energy Shield
  • +14 Life gained on Kill
  • 15% increased Movement Speed
  • 10% chance to Cause Monsters to Flee
  • Tempest's power given form,

Flee before the walking storm.

Lioneye's Paws
    Bronzescale Boots
  • +54 to Strength
  • +56 to Dexterity
  • Adds 12 to 24 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • 20% increased Movement Speed
  • 40% reduced Movement Speed when on Low Life
  • 20% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • Cannot be Stunned when on Low Life
  • Stand and lead the righteous pride,

Fight till death, never hide.

Fairgraves' Tricorne
    Tricorne
  • Adds 6 to 12 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • 70% increased Evasion Rating
  • +21 to maximum Mana
  • +24% to Lightning Resistance
  • Cannot be Shocked
  • 15% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • Fairgraves' trusty tricorne accompanied him far across

the seas, deep under the ground, and even beyond death.

The Deep One's Hide
    Studded Round Shield
  • 60% increased Block Recovery
  • Adds 4 to 8 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 12 to 15 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • 103% increased Armour and Evasion
  • +42% to Fire Resistance
  • Curse Enemies with Level 5 Vulnerability on Block
  • The thicker the shell,

the greater the beast that hunts it.

Prismweave
    Rustic Sash
  • 23% increased Global Physical Damage
  • Adds 8 to 15 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 6 to 14 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 1 to 32 Lightning Damage to Attacks
  • +6% to all Elemental Resistances
  • 30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills during any Flask Effect
  • 10% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • Nothing is as vivid as the rage of battle

Meginord's Girdle
    Heavy Belt
  • +28 to Strength
  • +25 to Strength
  • Adds 5 to 15 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 10% increased maximum Life
  • +18% to Cold Resistance
  • 25% increased Flask Life Recovery rate
  • Kaom's strength was rivaled only by

the great Meginord of the north.

Deidbell
    Gilded Sallet
  • +21 to Strength
  • +28 to Dexterity
  • Adds 10 to 20 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +204 to Armour
  • 20% increased Melee Damage
  • Cannot Leech when on Low Life
  • May you never hear it toll.

The Warden's Brand
    Iron Ring
  • Adds 1 to 4 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 5 to 47 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 30% reduced Attack Speed
  • 15% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Stun an Enemy
  • "I don't always have a flame handy

when a fresh delinquent walks through our gates."

- Brutus, Warden of Axiom

Bloodboil
    Coral Ring
  • +29 to maximum Life
  • Adds 15 to 27 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +39 to maximum Life
  • +15% to Cold Resistance
  • 75% reduced Effect of Chill on you
  • 10% increased Movement Speed while Ignited
  • Rage is a big part of courage.

Well, you get it..

If you feel that you are having trouble with mana while leveling, I recommend using Praxis rings or Elreon rings.

Fiver
    Jan 28, 2018 21:11:51 PM

Changelog

2019-09-24:
    - Pastebin updated
    - Pandemonius is no longer BiS
    - Other small changes in the guide

2019-09-18:
    - Pastebin updated
    - Nightblade out - Hypothermia in.

2019-08-24 to 2019-09-11:
    Over this time-span I have more or less changed the structure of the entire guid. There are STILL things that need to be changed, but I'll get to them when I have the time and energy to do so. If you saw the actual "code" that I go through every time I change the build, you would understand how much of a time-sink it can be.

Most recent update, 2019-09-11, I made HUGE updates to the build.

- Changed the structure of the build
    - Fixed links and added info about the platforms I am available on
    - Made VERY big changes in the FAQ section. There's a LOT of stuff there now.
    - Clarified some of my skill/item-choices
    - Fixed bad grammar and poor wordings on some things

2019-08-23:
    2 MAJOR UPDATEs
    - Massive rework of the Skill section
    - Massive rework of the Item section

2019-08-22:
    2 MAJOR UPDATES
    - Video Guide added!
    - Extensive rework of the written guide!

2019-08-12:
    - Added links to my social media platforms.

2019-08-01:
    - Updated current gear and PoB link. 14M+ dps now.
    - Edited the recommended gear section. Switched priority on gloves.
    - Made EXTENSIVE changes to the original Path of Building blueprint.

2019-07-31:
    - Added a video-tutorial on how to craft a good body armour with fossils.

2019-07-28:
    - Added Vaal Ancestral Warchief to the DMG boost section.

2019-07-18:
    - Made a new showcase video.
    - Changed the top GIF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDn2Oj-MhXA

2019-07-13:
    - Updated my current PoB pastebin. 10M+ dps now.

https://pastebin.com/dH24wmrh

2019-07-12:
    - Added 2 minute Shaper video (full fight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73pPkgskmI

2019-07-11:
    - Added video guide on how to craft a Curse on Hit ring.

2019-07-10:
    - Added Uber Elder walkthrough video.

2019-07-09:
    - Added gif on how to compensate for Multistrike not working in PoB.

2019-07-07:
    - Changed the crafting section in the FAQ.
    - Added weaponcrafting video.
    - Updated some items in my current gear.

2019-07-06:
    - Added Deathless Uber Elder fight.
    - Added video showcase of Ikordan's MF version.
    - Updated my current PoB Pastebin. 7.3M dps now.

2019-07-05:
    - Updated my current PoB Pastebin. 6.5M dps now.

2019-07-04:
    - Added Shaper's Touch as an option for gloves.
    - Updated my current PoB Pastebin. Close to 6M dps now.

2019-07-01:
    - Added video walkthrough for the passive skill tree.

2019-06-28:
    - Removed the +1 curse setup.
    - Changed the PoB to reflect some recent changes to the build.
    - Added a Shaper video
    - Added Hall of Grandmasters to the list of viable content.

2019-06-27:
    - Added showcase video
    - Added Uber Elder video.
    - Changed a few things in the FAQ.
    - Edited the Pantheon section.

2019-06-25:
    - Reworked the entire gear section to be up to speed with the current patch.
    - Added my own current gear.
    - Major changes to the skills section. A couple of skills have been replaced or been put to use in different ways.
    - Major visual changes throughout the guide, to make the guide easier to read.

2019-06-24:
    - Added video of Red Elder - 100 to 0 in 3 seconds.
    - Added Lethal Pride Jewel (Thank you MasterIJ).
    - Moved around some items.
    - Changed a little in the crafting section.
    - Changed the debuff/curse setup.
    - Changed the movement setup.
    - Added Dash

2019-06-23:
    - Added deathless Shaper video..
    - Changed Tombfist from legacy version to the current one..

2019-06-15:
    - Removed the Lycosidae version. The one with rare shield is better in pretty much every way now, since it's very easy to reach 100% hit chance.

Fiver
    Jan 29, 2018 21:12:42 PM

Update:
    +New PoB link to match my current stats
    +Added videos

Fiver
    Jan 31, 2018 18:41:00 PM

Update:
    +Further updates and minor changes.
    +New printscreen from PoB stats to reflect my up-to-date character
    +Added and removed some videos. (Deathless shaper added)
    +Changed title

Fiver
    Feb 02, 2018 01:57:00 AM

hi, i have tried gem link in your way:
    Ancestral Protector + COH + frostbite
    But it does not seem to work, I do not see the curse on the boss.
    Can you explain me?
    thank you very much !!!

nohssiw19592
    Feb 03, 2018 22:23:48 PM

"
    nohssiw19592 wrote:
    hi, i have tried gem link in your way:
    Ancestral Protector + COH + frostbite
    But it does not seem to work, I do not see the curse on the boss.
    Can you explain me?
    thank you very much !!!

Right, I'm just stupid. It's not supposed to work with ancestral protector. I originally had it linked to Orb of Storms, but decided to use ancestral protector instead, without changing up the curse setup. I'll have to find some workaround to this.

Edit. Fixed the links and switched around a bit. Ditched warlord's mark, because we don't really need it anyway.

Fiver
    Feb 04, 2018 15:01:32 PM

Added level progression and ascendancy order.

Fiver
    Feb 05, 2018 20:56:13 PM

Previously u noted in your build to kill all bandits for passive point, but now u changed it for allira. Is it that much critical to help her as I’m currently lvl 70 and killed all of them. Thnx in advance.

pms_techka
    Feb 07, 2018 06:03:15 AM

"
    pms_techka wrote:
    Previously u noted in your build to kill all bandits for passive point, but now u changed it for allira. Is it that much critical to help her as I’m currently lvl 70 and killed all of them. Thnx in advance.

No it isn’t.
    It’s basically a tradeoff between survivability and damage.
    By picking alira you get some crit multiplier and all res.
    If you kill all you get the same res, no crit multiplier, but a couple extra % chance to evade attacks. I have 2 skillpoints aswell, and for me, I think I get about 3% melee and 5% projectile evade.

Both options are good imo.

Fiver
    Feb 07, 2018 11:38:52 AM

"
    Fiver wrote:
    "
    pms_techka wrote:

No it isn’t.
    It’s basically a tradeoff between survivability and damage.
    By picking alira you get some crit multiplier and all res.
    If you kill all you get the same res, no crit multiplier, but a couple extra % chance to evade attacks. I have 2 skillpoints aswell, and for me, I think I get about 3% melee and 5% projectile evade.

Both options are good imo.

Thanks for reply. Any suggestions about pantheon?

pms_techka
    Feb 08, 2018 06:43:16 AM
  • Next