Forum Index Templar [3.8] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

History

By the way, the gear and gems in the OP aren't possible to actually use all of the auras, you will run out of mana and not be able to reserve the 10th aura. You need to remove the Enfeeble+Blasphemy to be able to use the 10th Aura.


Xanthochroid
Feb 05, 2018 06:35:16 AM

"
vengence4 wrote:
I've been playing your aura bot now for a while and I'm really happy with how its turned out. Very tanky!! I'm extremely pleased with how well i'm able to perform in both providing auras and taking hits. Its a shame it doesn't come together sooner, the higher levels of the items slows the process.

I was reviewing your current build to see how you've updated your guy and I see you're now equipped with some exp gear, good idea and easily doable. One thing I did notice in your tree however is that you've got 3 points for skill effect duration being extended, which as far as I can see is only affecting the vaal haste/ES and shout. Might you consider changing those for more es mana or perhaps another gem as it seems i'm running with haste up all the time and only rarely need the vaal discipline w/o those 3 points.



Yea, these 3 points for Skill Effect Duration are really important, since it's the only source for duration in the tree as Guardian. As Necromancer the Ascendancy would give you 30% duration, so the node would be a bit more negliable.
All in all, I would always go with the skill effect duration, since it's a huge quality of life and increases the vaal haste uptime a lot (vaal haste is very important to keep up, because it offers a HUGE increase in speed).

In the end I basically just changed some items to fit in EXP items, as well as putting some Enlightens in, so I can use Empower on Dmg Auras. But that's just so min-maxing.





"
xXWodzuPLXx wrote:
Do you think I can squeeze something more from this build with my EQ? (aside of two-stone ring replacement and 21/20 gems)
Spoiler

Ephemeral Edge
Dusk Blade
Click to expand
  • 40% increased Global Accuracy Rating
  • +10 to Intelligence
  • 150% increased Physical Damage
  • 50% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 48% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 10% reduced maximum Life
  • 0.62% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
  • In the rift between future and past,

    life passes quickly.

    Victario's Influence
    Lacquered Garb
    Click to expand
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 30 Generosity
  • Socketed Gems have 30% reduced Mana Reservation
  • 141% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
  • 23% increased Area of Effect of Aura Skills
  • 14% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
  • "Every life is a story.

    If you're not writing your own,

    you'd better know who's writing it for you!"

    - Victario, the People's Poet

    Prism Guardian
    Archon Kite Shield
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems have Blood Magic
  • Socketed Gems have 25% reduced Mana Reservation
  • +20 to Dexterity
  • +25% to all Elemental Resistances
  • When blood is paid, the weak think twice.

    Alpha's Howl
    Sinner Tricorne
    Click to expand
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • 88% increased Evasion Rating
  • +29% to Cold Resistance
  • 25% chance to Avoid being Chilled
  • Cannot be Frozen
  • 8% reduced Mana Reserved
  • Nature respects the strong

    And paints the snow red

    With the blood of the weak

    Hypnotic Caress
    Sorcerer Gloves
    Click to expand
  • +179 to Accuracy Rating
  • 35% increased Energy Shield
  • +23% to Cold Resistance
  • +22% to Chaos Resistance
  • 0.33% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
  • 14% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +27 to maximum Energy Shield
  • Sin Trek
    Stealth Boots
    Click to expand
  • +28 to Dexterity
  • +30 to Intelligence
  • 87% increased Evasion Rating
  • +150 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • Enemies Cannot Leech Life From you
  • Do not let them step on your feet. Keep them at bay.

    Ascent From Flesh
    Chain Belt
    Click to expand
  • +17 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +300 to Evasion Rating
  • +80 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • You have Phasing if Energy Shield Recharge has started Recently
  • 6% chance to Dodge Attack Hits while Phasing
  • 10% increased Movement Speed while Phasing
  • A single step forward

    Snap free from the prison

    Reborn into freedom eternal

    Kraken Circle
    Two-Stone Ring
    Click to expand
  • +12% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
  • Adds 4 to 7 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Regenerate 8.3 Life per second
  • +35% to Cold Resistance
  • 9% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • +26 to maximum Life
  • Mind Gyre
    Amethyst Ring
    Click to expand
  • +10% to Chaos Resistance
  • +28 to Strength
  • Adds 14 to 27 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +339 to Accuracy Rating
  • +25 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +67 to maximum Mana
  • +30% to Chaos Resistance
  • Corruption Choker
    Citrine Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +18 to Strength and Dexterity
  • Adds 11 to 27 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +35 to Accuracy Rating
  • +25 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +28 to maximum Mana
  • 5% reduced Mana Reserved
  • +24 to Strength


  • You could save some currency for getting some Enlightens lvl 3 and 1 Empower lvl 3, so you could support Anger and Wrath with Empower. The most OP upgrade would be a Victario's Influence with one of the following corruptions: +1 to socketed Gems, 95% reduced mana multiplier, +1% to maximum all Resistance.
    Although, I'm wondering how you're capping your chaos resistance. You should really try to get over 65% chaos res. Best would be swapping your two stone ring, and your belt to a crystal belt with chaos res.





    "
    Xanthochroid wrote:
    By the way, the gear and gems in the OP aren't possible to actually use all of the auras, you will run out of mana and not be able to reserve the 10th aura. You need to remove the Enfeeble+Blasphemy to be able to use the 10th Aura.



    I understand your confusion. Due to laziness I just linked the Victario's Influence of my old support, since I didn't know that people would look at the links of the item. I thought you all would check the Gems and Links in the Gem Section.
    I didn't link my actualy Victario's, because I put some currency into it and got some Enlightens and an Empower. I can try to relink a Victario's with the right gems.

    Toaster404
    Feb 05, 2018 12:29:16 PM

    "
    Toaster404 wrote:
    "
    Xanthochroid wrote:
    By the way, the gear and gems in the OP aren't possible to actually use all of the auras, you will run out of mana and not be able to reserve the 10th aura. You need to remove the Enfeeble+Blasphemy to be able to use the 10th Aura.



    I understand your confusion. Due to laziness I just linked the Victario's Influence of my old support, since I didn't know that people would look at the links of the item. I thought you all would check the Gems and Links in the Gem Section.
    I didn't link my actualy Victario's, because I put some currency into it and got some Enlightens and an Empower. I can try to relink a Victario's with the right gems.


    I wasn't confused personally, because the gem section is there. Might confuse other people is why I mentioned it.

    Thanks for the build by the way, working out great for me.

    Xanthochroid
    Feb 05, 2018 21:37:03 PM

    Hello, newb here :) Just wondering about the gems in the weapon, since I don't see them in the gem section. In the gear section it shows faster attacks support and fortify support lvl 20 and 20% quality, but shield charge at lvl 2. Does this mean shield charge must stay at lvl 2 ?

    InDang3r
    Feb 07, 2018 22:58:59 PM

    "
    InDang3r wrote:
    Hello, newb here :) Just wondering about the gems in the weapon, since I don't see them in the gem section. In the gear section it shows faster attacks support and fortify support lvl 20 and 20% quality, but shield charge at lvl 2. Does this mean shield charge must stay at lvl 2 ?

    Shield charge can be any level, because we're not using it for damage whatsoever.
    But yeah Fortify 20/20 to help our survivability, and 20/20 Faster attacks for better mobility.

    Xanthochroid
    Feb 08, 2018 02:32:14 AM

    No questions (yet) just wanted to say can't wait to try this build and thank you for taking the time to write it, post it, and answer questions on it! <3

    Ryndyr
    Feb 09, 2018 07:52:49 AM

    Elo again, ty for replies. Just wanted to ask some advice regarding the animate guardian. I am lvl 73, i bought exactly the gear for me and the gear for the animate guardian as shown in this guide, max stats i could find for each item. I bought the animate guardian gem lvl 18 with 19%quality, equiped it with all those items to +20 and it died in first 30 minutes of gameplay...

    InDang3r
    Feb 09, 2018 17:21:57 PM

    "
    InDang3r wrote:
    Elo again, ty for replies. Just wanted to ask some advice regarding the animate guardian. I am lvl 73, i bought exactly the gear for me and the gear for the animate guardian as shown in this guide, max stats i could find for each item. I bought the animate guardian gem lvl 18 with 19%quality, equiped it with all those items to +20 and it died in first 30 minutes of gameplay...


    The only things which come to my mind are the following:
    Did you do some crazy endgame content, like Shaper? The Animated Guardian has problems to outregen a really high degen like the Shaper Beam.
    Have you done a no regen map? Usually, the AW survives no regen maps, but if you do a hard map with no regen it could die.

    As long as you run all auras (so the AW gets your Guardian regen), and link it with Minion Life and or Minion Resistance, it should survive close to everything.

    Toaster404
    Feb 10, 2018 22:18:24 PM

    How would you do this as a league starter? i plan on playing with a friend and wondering if i should just dps until i get the alphas/victarios/prims guardian or just start as a support running like wrath anger and a curse on hit ?

    Jfancy1031
    Feb 16, 2018 23:38:23 PM

    "
    Jfancy1031 wrote:
    How would you do this as a league starter? i plan on playing with a friend and wondering if i should just dps until i get the alphas/victarios/prims guardian or just start as a support running like wrath anger and a curse on hit ?


    Personally, I would go Support from the start. So just use some Damage Auras, Discipline etc.
    You should try to get Victario's Influence and Alpha's Howl first (both around 20c @ day 1 on HC].
    So you can run all damage auras, Discipline, some Purities etc.

    After try to get the Prism Guardian + right equipment to get 65%+ chaos res.

    Playing DPS doesn't make much sense above lvl 70 since your dmg wont do much (except you want to respec a lot).

    Toaster404
    Feb 17, 2018 01:26:43 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 50
  • 51
  • Next