Forum Index Duelist [3.8] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

History

"
MdotSCOTT wrote:
Would instant leech be bad for the bonuses you get "while leeching"


Nope, check the part of the guide that talks about why must use a rare claw in addition to the Bloodseeker so that we get the effects of both.

TheNotoriousPIG
May 03, 2019 03:07:42 AM

When did you switch from sunder to the final set up while leveling? I'm having a hard time leveling post act 6, I know it resists are an issue and the game in general gets more difficult but its a slow grind, perhaps just a melee thing versus range leveling? Thanks.

mwentzell
May 03, 2019 15:51:59 PM

I switched when I could wear the Bringer of Rain. At that point I didn’t really notice a difference in power. Maybe you have been really unlucky with gear? I’ve felt like stuff has pretty much just blown up the whole time. I’m currently 87 with this build.

Ageous
May 03, 2019 19:52:52 PM

"
mwentzell wrote:
When did you switch from sunder to the final set up while leveling? I'm having a hard time leveling post act 6, I know it resists are an issue and the game in general gets more difficult but its a slow grind, perhaps just a melee thing versus range leveling? Thanks.


Get 2 Moonbender's Wings and in a 4 link put: Sunder- Ele dmg with attacks - Melee Physical -conc effect or ele focus. You should have no trouble with damage until you decide to swap to Blade Flurry.

conc effect is more dmg, but makes your sunder skinnier.

If you have more links, use ruthless as your 6th link

TheNotoriousPIG
May 04, 2019 04:10:07 AM

At what level should i start using a bloodseekee?

Following this awesome build as my first toon on console. Played eons ago on pc. I am flat broke lol

So when do i buy what gears?

Also, how do u midigate int requirements on some gems/rare claws? All my jewelry isnt true to the build cuz i need int for the skills and the rare claws ive managed to find and make work for now.

I also needed dex for a gem, just crafted it to something. Not sure if it was for the build or my “not quite there” modifications.

For now i have all my gems locked for lvling cuz im affraid ill need more int. Cant remember what gems they were but they were in ur final build for gems where u say to follow. So far no int in passives and i am not straying from ur passive guide.

Last note, it says a quality of life is to select something for whirling blades but im on console and wonder if it functions differently cuz i followed what u said and never got or saw an option to change the move while atk or not move while atk thing.

Thanks for this build guide ^.^

SYSTEMATIC_
May 04, 2019 23:17:26 PM

"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
At what level should i start using a bloodseekee?

Following this awesome build as my first toon on console. Played eons ago on pc. I am flat broke lol

So when do i buy what gears?

Also, how do u midigate int requirements on some gems/rare claws? All my jewelry isnt true to the build cuz i need int for the skills and the rare claws ive managed to find and make work for now.

I also needed dex for a gem, just crafted it to something. Not sure if it was for the build or my “not quite there” modifications.

For now i have all my gems locked for lvling cuz im affraid ill need more int. Cant remember what gems they were but they were in ur final build for gems where u say to follow. So far no int in passives and i am not straying from ur passive guide.

Last note, it says a quality of life is to select something for whirling blades but im on console and wonder if it functions differently cuz i followed what u said and never got or saw an option to change the move while atk or not move while atk thing.

Thanks for this build guide ^.^


Best time to swap to BF is after you get your Bringer of Rain and Bloodseeker Claw. Also grab a cheap claw with at least 250 physical DPS as your main hand weapon to pair with Bloodseeker in your offhand.

buy them when you are high enough level to use them. Tehy should be pretty cheap and affordable, even if you are poor :)

Take those +30 INT nodes on the tree. They're called "wisdom of the glade" and "ancestral knowledge". I have it mentioned in the 3rd passive tree, but you can take them sooner if needed. Carnage Heart Onyx Amulet is also a cheap option that synergizes well and gives a lot of INT.

For PC users, movement skills can be annoying to use if you don't move your mouse into their max range. It makes your character walk until it's in range to use the movement skill, so there's an option to make it always go max range even if your mouse if outside the range. I don't think this applies to consol so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Lucky you!

Glad you're enjoying it! If you have any more Q's def let me know.

TheNotoriousPIG
May 04, 2019 23:52:17 PM

Great info, havent gotten far enough to see the third tree yet so didnt kno about the int nodes.

I already have most of the final gem setup going, the bf setup, movement skill setup, and banner setup as u described, but not in the same items u say to put them in. Too poor to be picky about what sockets are where at the moment.

Mana management is tricky, prolly cuz im running bf too soon, but it was an improvement to what i was capable of prior to and my only real option to push into act 5. That mana leach node helped but with all the reserved mana i spam alot of mana pots but it works.

Basically what i am trying to ask, cuz i play solo and im a noob (i do trade a lil tho) is what lvl is bloodseeker and the other u mentioned supposed to be obtained. Do they drop low lvl versions, or just max lvl? Should i get lower lvl versions for now, if possible, and replace them later on?

Ur awesome man! Thanks for the feedback and fast response!

SYSTEMATIC_
May 05, 2019 00:33:20 AM

"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
Great info, havent gotten far enough to see the third tree yet so didnt kno about the int nodes.

I already have most of the final gem setup going, the bf setup, movement skill setup, and banner setup as u described, but not in the same items u say to put them in. Too poor to be picky about what sockets are where at the moment.

Mana management is tricky, prolly cuz im running bf too soon, but it was an improvement to what i was capable of prior to and my only real option to push into act 5. That mana leach node helped but with all the reserved mana i spam alot of mana pots but it works.

Basically what i am trying to ask, cuz i play solo and im a noob (i do trade a lil tho) is what lvl is bloodseeker and the other u mentioned supposed to be obtained. Do they drop low lvl versions, or just max lvl? Should i get lower lvl versions for now, if possible, and replace them later on?

Ur awesome man! Thanks for the feedback and fast response!


Bloodseeker is lvl 62 and Bringer of Rain is lvl 68, so you will have a long time till you can wear them =/ There are no low level versions of these, but

And don't worry about having the exact gems set up. For doing Act 1-10, if you just have your main attack skill linked properly, you will be fine.

My advice is to stick with Sunder and use rare Axes/Maces since good ones drop pretty often. But either way just make sure you always keep an eye open for weapons with high physical damage since that, along with attack speed is our most important stat for dealing damage. If you've been using the same weapon for more than 2 Acts then it's definitely probably for an upgrade.

I'll have my stream up in a little while, if you wanna stop by I can help a lot more!

TheNotoriousPIG
May 05, 2019 01:56:29 AM

Well i usually find claws in memory nexus when my maps are full there. My weapons dont have sockets i use yet but all my other gears do.

Using the bf now is doing fine for dps for me. The atk speed makes it better than the ice range atk i used. I dont have sunder or weps atm and i wana push through act 5.

Surviving is my challenge suddenly. I can never tell what is killing me cuz my eyes are bad. In the memory nexus maps there is a common archer type skel who seems tankier than most mobs. Ill be doing fine not seeing my hp drop at all then have 2 of them behind trash mobs and i suddenly die.

So i am ASSUMING i need more elemental resistances. The last boss i fought in act 5 killed me several times with fire beams.

I have one of those int nodes and about to get the other u mentioned. Once i have those i can upgrade my jewelry. I should try to get ele resist and base hp, correct?

Thanks for all the replies! If this should move to an inbox thing just reply to this that way. Thanks for including the lvls on those items too. Now i can plan ahead financially. Im not too far, bout 20 more lvls. Usually im lvling faster than i can keep up with xD

Edit: actually im lvl 51 so real close to that bloodseeker and thatll help my surviving issues alot im sure

SYSTEMATIC_
May 05, 2019 19:54:05 PM

"
SYSTEMATIC_ wrote:
Well i usually find claws in memory nexus when my maps are full there. My weapons dont have sockets i use yet but all my other gears do.

Using the bf now is doing fine for dps for me. The atk speed makes it better than the ice range atk i used. I dont have sunder or weps atm and i wana push through act 5.

Surviving is my challenge suddenly. I can never tell what is killing me cuz my eyes are bad. In the memory nexus maps there is a common archer type skel who seems tankier than most mobs. Ill be doing fine not seeing my hp drop at all then have 2 of them behind trash mobs and i suddenly die.

So i am ASSUMING i need more elemental resistances. The last boss i fought in act 5 killed me several times with fire beams.

I have one of those int nodes and about to get the other u mentioned. Once i have those i can upgrade my jewelry. I should try to get ele resist and base hp, correct?

Thanks for all the replies! If this should move to an inbox thing just reply to this that way. Thanks for including the lvls on those items too. Now i can plan ahead financially. Im not too far, bout 20 more lvls. Usually im lvling faster than i can keep up with xD

Edit: actually im lvl 51 so real close to that bloodseeker and thatll help my surviving issues alot im sure


Responding here is fine, a lot of players read this and learn, I know I read comments of guides a LOT when I was learning the game.

If you're finding good claws/daggers/swords and have good BF damage then just keep with it!

Memory Nexus is going to be a little harder than the normal storyline, what a lot of people do is skip them if they take too much time or cause them to die too often. Then once you get a gear upgrade or two, jump back in to see if it's worth the time. You have to remember, there is so much to do in this game you have to weigh everything in terms of time vs value. Should you run a memory nexus... or get to the next act faster. In time these small decisions all add up and result in faster/better progression.

By Act 5 you should be close to 75% of all resist, a little under is fine but if you're running around with under 50% of any res, you can easily get 1-shotted by even a regular mob that deals that type of damage. Getting res capped is even more important than life.

Act 5 boss is a hard fight if you're not experience and/or using lots of OP leveling gear. His slam, the beam and bullet hell have all killed me plenty of times. I've even died to the stupid statue's basic attack that runs around, that thing hits hard =/ Now, just wait till you get to Act 8 Doedre and Act 10 Kitava. I die to those a lot when playing melee :)



TheNotoriousPIG
May 06, 2019 04:16:10 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 59
  • 60
  • Next