Forum Index Scion [3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

History

"
WaffleT wrote:

I remember doing the math and I believe Ancestral was roughly equal to concentrated effect although that can change depending on factors. Ancestral call always wins in dps on large bosses or bosses with adds near them. The additional range and quality of life on ancestral call makes it hard to drop

I think I'm pretty clear on the main page that the final number includes the enchant but that you get plenty of damage without it. I'm happy to answer questions especially since no new build idea caught my attention this league but I'm not going to write and update prices based on current market trends.

I know I got my helm enchant for cheap at a few ex during Abyss league since people were not playing this kind of build and now that has changed but prices in the build just gets outdated and yes there is other places you can get extra damage and other helms that you can make work in the slot instead

I did consider adding in blood rage to the build with the occultist/raider variant of the tree since it gets 1.5% ES regen even with vaal pact but that was still too much degen for my taste. This is a preference thing though and many people are fine running blood rage with the full 4% degen




I read somewhere that there is a trick in how you have to aim with Ancestral Call, is that valid? Something like aiming just a bit in front of the boss and not on the boss. If this is valid, can you give some extra info since you are more experienced with the build?

I did not ask you to update anything according to the current trends in prices, I just gave you the fact that this league the enchant on Vertex is almost impossible, i even checked prices on std and its the same (weird).
I only kindly ask you to give any advice how to raise dps without the enchant (i did a search in other unique helmets too, but those are totally off for the build).
I agree with you that the degen from BR will be too high, especially for raider/inquisitor.
I know that the dps is still good without the enchant, I just ask if there is any other way to compensate.

Thanks

nel0angel0
Apr 13, 2018 00:01:04 AM

"
Garvil wrote:
Hey,

Would like to thx OP for this build i am leveling.

Was trying the hierophant's one at first but didn't fit my playstyle so i kept all the stuff and just rerolled as a Scion.

I am not a big fan of molten strike. Yes it is powerhouse against boss but i don't feel safe against trash so i will try my best on spectral throw.

The only question i have is about enchant on helm. What do you thing is better ?

Spectral throw damage ? Projectile speed or projectile deceleration ?

The futur stuff i will wear when lvl 75+

Finaly last question ... What is the better ascendancy so ? Inquisitor or Occultist ?


Heirophant is hard cause it doesn't start really feeling good until you get alot of attack speed in lategame so you can drop a totem and already be moving before it attacks knowing it'll clear. That windup time really need working around.

My understanding is that projectile deceleration is the best as it increases the chance of additional hits

I played the build in 3.1 where the options were different and stun immunity wasn't an option and didn't feel stun was really that bad with the block/evasion but now with occultist it seems popular. In order to not lose damage you need to swap out enfeeble for double damage curses. Ele weakness and projectile weakness. All forms of the build hope to get ele weakness on hit gloves corruption for guarteened cursing

"
nel0angel0 wrote:


I read somewhere that there is a trick in how you have to aim with Ancestral Call, is that valid? Something like aiming just a bit in front of the boss and not on the boss. If this is valid, can you give some extra info since you are more experienced with the build?




You want to hit the ground as close to the boss as possible but still far enough away that your ancestral call 'ghost' still procs hitting them too causing the melee damage hit along with twice the number of magma orbs being created.

Damage can be gained from a number of places, corrupting gloves with ele weakness. getting lvl 21 gems. A clarity watchers eye lets you cut alot of ES nodes for damage nodes. 4 prop rares help damage too. Little things here and there which are somewhere in the guide or things I find pretty self explanatory.

Helm enchant is pretty similar in power to the dying sun flask which I never got and still completed all the content. Dying Sun is only a few ex

WaffleT
Apr 13, 2018 05:01:23 AM

I really love this build, the synergy between the items is awesome and being all uniques was pretty easy to gear. Problem is, I'm getting way less damage than what you have shown in pob, with my gear not being all that different. I was hoping you could tell me what I need to do to get my ball avg damage closer to around 36k like you have. I know I won't quite get there since I went with the raider/occultist version (though the damage isn't that much lower from what I've seen in pob).

Here's what I know I need to do:

Get 2 more levels, need to unlock final jewel slot.
Boot enchant.

Those aren't going to increase my damage by enough so what else is there? Please help me out! Here's the pastebin link for my setup: https://pastebin.com/zDQkhmud.

Thanks!

edit: actually don't worry about it, I mostly figured it out and got myself up to about 34k. Just need better jewels and the rest is accounted for through the strength and pen you get from templar. Got my first shaper kill with this build, and did it deathless (all guardians deathless too) it really is truly awesome, thanks for the guide!

fddldd
Apr 13, 2018 09:47:41 AM

Any leveling tree's ? you gotta take alot of hp nodes and after that reroll to CI. So i would like to ask for optimal pathing.

noeltage
Apr 15, 2018 19:05:37 PM

Built this on standard to check it out in the downtime and I noticed some things.

Level 4 enlighten saves 2 passive points by allowing you to drop aura effect/aura reservation to the right of scion.

The mana leech from mind drinker seems worse than connecting to witch through the es nodes. We get so much max mana from int that even on bosses we don't run out of mana without leech. It does preclude us from doing no regen but it felt like trash doing no regen anyways.

You have enemy is intimidated ticked in the 3.2 pob link but I don't see any way this build applies it. Am I missing something?

Essat
Apr 16, 2018 08:58:00 AM

"
Essat wrote:
Built this on standard to check it out in the downtime and I noticed some things.

Level 4 enlighten saves 2 passive points by allowing you to drop aura effect/aura reservation to the right of scion.

The mana leech from mind drinker seems worse than connecting to witch through the es nodes. We get so much max mana from int that even on bosses we don't run out of mana without leech. It does preclude us from doing no regen but it felt like trash doing no regen anyways.

You have enemy is intimidated ticked in the 3.2 pob link but I don't see any way this build applies it. Am I missing something?


Yep lvl 4 enlighten is good. Can be expensive though

I found that either mana flows or deep thoughts were slightly better value then connecting to witch due to the extra INT but being able to run no regen maps was too much to give up. On those maps I suggest turning off wrath or discipline to make the experience smooth as you just need a bit bigger unreserved mana pool

Intimidated is to match the "10% shock" from vessel of vinktar that character is using, you can't tick the shock box or it'll use the full 50% shock value. Swap that flask into atziri's promise or another damage flask if you don't want to use it but its popular on HOWA builds

WaffleT
Apr 16, 2018 11:13:24 AM

Can you do elemental reflect or physical reflect mods maps on this build?
Does this build has both elemental and physical damage?

tesun
Apr 16, 2018 12:45:35 PM

"
tesun wrote:
Can you do elemental reflect or physical reflect mods maps on this build?
Does this build has both elemental and physical damage?


Still leveling this myself, but i'd imagine physical reflect is very doable (you do physical damage but so little you should leech it back instantly), and ele reflect would not be without going down the elementalist ascendancy route.

Might be wrong, sure someone will confirm shortly.

A question from me:

I see the Ghost Reaver node, it applies to Life Leech but we don't seem to have any from gear or talents, only the single mana leech node. How are we triggering this, just the atziri flask?

casper0010
Apr 16, 2018 21:54:15 PM

"
casper0010 wrote:
"
tesun wrote:
Can you do elemental reflect or physical reflect mods maps on this build?
Does this build has both elemental and physical damage?


Still leveling this myself, but i'd imagine physical reflect is very doable (you do physical damage but so little you should leech it back instantly), and ele reflect would not be without going down the elementalist ascendancy route.

Might be wrong, sure someone will confirm shortly.

A question from me:

I see the Ghost Reaver node, it applies to Life Leech but we don't seem to have any from gear or talents, only the single mana leech node. How are we triggering this, just the atziri flask?


Ele reflect is impossible.

1% leech from pure talent and connecting to the duelist tree. Otherwise you get vitality void below duelist if you don't have pure talent.

Essat
Apr 17, 2018 00:16:59 AM

"
Essat wrote:
1% leech from pure talent and connecting to the duelist tree. Otherwise you get vitality void below duelist if you don't have pure talent.


Didn't see that mentioned anywhere, thank you. Totally fixed my issue.

casper0010
Apr 17, 2018 01:03:19 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 41
  • 42
  • Next