For a more detailed explanation of the build check out the video guide: CI Vaal Ice Nova
If you have any questions you can always come to my twitch stream to get them answered or just to enjoy the stream:
Ghazzy's Livestreaming Channel
Is this build for you?
1. If you are looking for a Vaal ability build that is not Spark or Fireball!
2. A build that is viable in both hardcore & sofcore.
3. High eHP with really good clearing speed that is not using relying on leeching.
4. If you prefer a build guide that has a video linked to it.
Build Enabling Items:
Beast Fur Shawl
Chill of Corruption
Defence & Utility
You'll have really high eHP and with the use of Zealot's Oath all life regeneration will be based of your Energy Shield instead.
On top of this you will also be regenerating extra Energy Shield when ever you kill something thanks to Vile Bastion.
Keep in mind that all of these regeneration effects scaled with the increased recovery rate provided by Beast Fur Shawl!
Skill-gems & Setups:
Vaal Ice Nova:
- Vaal Ice Nova, Spell Echo, Inc. Crit - Cold Penetration - Inc. AoE - Empower lvl 3+ (if not lvl3+ then use Controlled Destruction)
- Glacial Cascade, Spell Echo, Conc. Effect, Controlled Destruction
(If used in a Rime Gaze, remove Conc. effect and add inc. crit)
- Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Fortify
- Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Warlord's Mark, (Can add Herald of Ice here as well)
- Herald of Ice, Discipline, Herald of Thunder
Stand alone sockets:
- Lightning Golem
Skill-tree & Ascendancy Nodes:
You start by picking up Forbidden Power to then move along towards Vile Bastion via Wicked Ward
Leveling skill-tree, 27 points
Leveling skill-tree, 65 points
Leveling skill-tree, 90 points
A few notes:
1. Once the skill-tree is finished, just focus 100% on more jewel slots.
2. Only pick up CI when you feel comfortable in doing so.
You could rush towards Elemental Overload, or Ancestral Bond and selfcast Firestorm or use 2x Spell Totems with Firestorm to lvl your way up. Usually I'd recommend playing an Occultist ED/Contagion build before transitioning to this build due to the currency cost of the jewels required tomake this build work.
- Normal: Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Cruel: Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help: Alira for 1 extra Power Charge.
Gearing & Stat Priorities
1. Energy Shield
1. Area Damage
3. Cold Damage
4. Spell Damage
My current gear:
Divine intervention feels better
when you do it yourself.
Fossilised Spirit Shield
The quickest way to understand
your own strengths and weaknesses
is to walk in the skin of another.
They will rise and fall in fire and blood.
The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.
The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.
The spring bloom shades the wet earth.
Nature is an eternal tug of war.
1x Chill of Corruption
3x Low Rolled, or 2x high rolled: Sacrificial Harvest
1x Vaal Sentencing (if you can fit it in the build)
1x The Wise Oak
1x Vessel of Vinktar (With FLAT spell dmg increase)
1x Dying Sun
1x Quicksilver Flask of Heat
1x Diamond Flask of Staunching
Recommended LvLing Uniques:
All the world is my home.
If it's worth doing once, it's worth doing twice.
From the smallest seeds
To the tallest redwoods,
Life endures in Wraeclast.
No metal slips as easily through the fingers as gold.
This build thread is merely a rough guide to lead you in to the builds basics. If you wish to see more details about this beautiful build check out the video guide: CI Vaal Ice Nova
Before you start posting questions I would recommend checking the video. I am as always available in my stream!
Hope you guys will enjoy the build! Below you can access my other build guides:
|Mar 29, 2017 13:03:37 PM|
|Mar 29, 2017 13:03:44 PM|
|Mar 29, 2017 15:28:08 PM|