Forum Index General Discussion How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

History

Just died to a trap again. That's 5 chars lost this league, and 4 of them to traps. Getting pretty pissed off about it, but again, with high latency there is nothing you can do to build around them.

MonstaMunch
Mar 29, 2017 09:35:14 AM

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Just died to a trap again. That's 5 chars lost this league

Yeah.. don't know how you do it. I can't bring myself to do HC. I'm far too casual for that. I rarely die so that's not the issue, it's just a time thing. It's taken me almost one calendar month to reach level 83. If I ripped now due to some freak incident (this is PoE after all), it could take a month to get back here. No thanks..

systemdown
Mar 29, 2017 09:48:26 AM

Started a whispering ice occultist last saturday.

So far it's seems like the strongest build I have ever had but it's a little hard to say since I'm only lvl 63.

The damage is just crazy compared to everything I played before this. Killing cruel malachai in 20 seconds. Not counting animations I think it was less than 5 seconds total.

Hopefully I'll find an astramentis.

Sisaroth
Mar 29, 2017 10:08:29 AM

"
Sisaroth wrote:
Started a whispering ice occultist last saturday.

So far it's seems like the strongest build I have ever had but it's a little hard to say since I'm only lvl 63.

The damage is just crazy compared to everything I played before this. Killing cruel malachai in 20 seconds. Not counting animations I think it was less than 5 seconds total.

Hopefully I'll find an astramentis.

hope you do better than my two failed (ripped) wi chars. Occultist seems like an odd choice, though.

ladish
Mar 29, 2017 11:27:46 AM

"
ladish wrote:
"
Sisaroth wrote:
Started a whispering ice occultist last saturday.

So far it's seems like the strongest build I have ever had but it's a little hard to say since I'm only lvl 63.

The damage is just crazy compared to everything I played before this. Killing cruel malachai in 20 seconds. Not counting animations I think it was less than 5 seconds total.

Hopefully I'll find an astramentis.

hope you do better than my two failed (ripped) wi chars. Occultist seems like an odd choice, though.


Yea, elementalist is a lot better probably. Just wanted to try occultist because I never played that before. Also this is my first CI character so that +100 ES seems nice in case I have bad luck with ES gear.

Merc and uber accendencies will be quite shitty though.

Sisaroth
Mar 29, 2017 11:41:38 AM

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Just died to a trap again. That's 5 chars lost this league, and 4 of them to traps. Getting pretty pissed off about it, but again, with high latency there is nothing you can do to build around them.

Dislike the %based trap mechanics also but if you want to build against traps you can do so. It wont be 100% safety for SSF build but you will be very unlikely to die to a trap even if you desync back into one or sth. You have to make some hard build choices though. It may end up as a "boring" low DPS character.

Zrevnur
Mar 29, 2017 12:15:43 PM

Got

Exalted Orb
-
Click to expand
  • Enchants a rare item with a new random modifier
  • this morning.

    Shagsbeard
    Mar 29, 2017 13:40:50 PM

    "
    Shagsbeard wrote:
    Got
    Exalted Orb
    -
    Click to expand
  • Enchants a rare item with a new random modifier
  • this morning.


    All my exalt luck was used up last league it seems. Got 4 last league, 0 this league.

    Sisaroth
    Mar 29, 2017 14:39:44 PM

    "
    Sisaroth wrote:
    "
    Shagsbeard wrote:
    Got
    Exalted Orb
    -
    Click to expand
  • Enchants a rare item with a new random modifier
  • this morning.


    All my exalt luck was used up last league it seems. Got 4 last league, 0 this league.


    When it comes to SSF, those things are the most useless crafting (or currency) item in the game. So feel fortunate to not have any clogging your inventory space :D

    (grats, shags)

    Mar 29, 2017 14:43:33 PM

    "
    "
    Sisaroth wrote:
    "
    Shagsbeard wrote:
    Got
    Exalted Orb
    -
    Click to expand
  • Enchants a rare item with a new random modifier
  • this morning.


    All my exalt luck was used up last league it seems. Got 4 last league, 0 this league.


    When it comes to SSF, those things are the most useless crafting (or currency) item in the game. So feel fortunate to not have any clogging your inventory space :D

    (grats, shags)


    They're not useless though, just not terribly useful.

    If you have a great item a yolo slam can be quite fun. For example this beastie that I lucked out on real hard by exalting WED.
    Havoc Coil
    Prismatic Ring
    Click to expand
  • +10% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +36 to Intelligence
  • +20 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +48% to Cold Resistance
  • +47% to Lightning Resistance
  • 27% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • +23 to maximum Life


  • In addition %ES crafts cost an exalt, and are pretty important for LL/CI characters.

    Finally, multimod is definitely worth doing if you find a rare with a few very good stats and can't afford to risk multiple slams.

    Doomstryver
    Mar 29, 2017 16:22:55 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 48
  • 383
  • 384
  • Next