Forum Index Templar [3.7] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :) New Video Guide for 3.6!

History

That shield is amazing !

However i wonder what would be the best between Esh's Mirror, Chernobog and The Unshattered Will.

I'm still using

The Tempest's Binding
Callous Mask
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Ice Bite
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Innervate
  • Grants Summon Harbinger of Storms Skill
  • +108 to Evasion Rating
  • +52 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +67 to maximum Life
  • +10% to all Elemental Resistances
  • for helm tought.

I will try to update my char in standard after bestiary end. Get some nice gloves, etc
    (see Char Alister_Jorun)

Kelemn
    Apr 17, 2018 17:07:13 PM

I was playing around with build ideas for the 1 month league and thought I'd give Spark a go, just starting from scratch in PoB and then taking one of my old Standard chars that had a full reset available and tried it out. I'm kind of surprised there is not a Trickster version of this posted, as it's what I ended up going with without looking up to see if another ascendancy was more popular.

I'm curious what the OP of this guide and others who have played the Inquisitor or other versions of Spark in 3.2 think of my version and if you have any suggestions to improve. Or if you think Templar is entirely superior for any reasons.

I tried out using Lightning Tendrils for single target and really did not like it, maybe it's just because I did not spec for it specifically, but our skill trees are actually very very similar. Maybe I wasn't using it right. Blade Vortex also feels very unsafe to use (have to face tank with it), Orb of Storms and Spark have been working out for me.

Here's my current gear. Some missing gem slots 'cause I've been testing a lot of things out and swapping things around a lot, will probably have already changed some by the time anyone reads this lol.

Path of Building pastebin

Doryani's Catalyst
    Vaal Sceptre
  • 32% increased Elemental Damage
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Elemental Proliferation
  • Adds 69 to 102 Physical Damage
  • 15% increased Attack Speed
  • 7% increased Cast Speed
  • 34% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life
  • 97% increased Elemental Damage
  • The result of the catalytic reaction would be either immortality for all,

or death for all. It was a risk Doryani was willing to take.

Esh's Mirror
    Thorium Spirit Shield
  • +22 to Intelligence
  • 80% increased Energy Shield
  • +59 to maximum Life
  • +38% to Lightning Resistance
  • Adds 1 to 10 Lightning Damage for each Shocked Enemy you've Killed Recently
  • Shock Reflection
  • She looked upon her reflection

and trembled, and shook,

until she was not what she saw.

{This item can be transformed with a Blessing of Esh}

Choir of the Storm
    Lapis Amulet
  • +25 to Intelligence
  • Trigger Level 20 Lightning Bolt when you deal a Critical Strike
  • 50% increased Lightning Damage
  • 10% increased maximum Mana
  • Critical Strike Chance is increased by Lightning Resistance
  • But the fool did not bow.

The fool stood and questioned.

And the fool was unwritten.

Stormfire
    Opal Ring
  • 25% increased Elemental Damage
  • 43% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • +27% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
  • 6% increased Burning Damage for each time you have Shocked a Non-Shocked Enemy Recently
  • Adds 1 to 67 Lightning Damage to Hits against Ignited Enemies
  • Your Lightning Damage can Ignite
  • When your skin sloughs, and your blood cooks,

you'll wish the lightning strike had killed you.

Pandemonium Spiral
    Two-Stone Ring
  • +16% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • +33 to maximum Mana
  • +11% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Curse Enemies with Level 12 Warlord's Mark on Hit
  • +41 to maximum Life
  • Bisco's Leash
    Heavy Belt
  • +35 to Strength
  • 5% increased Quantity of Items found
  • +38% to Cold Resistance
  • 1% increased Rarity of Items found per 15 Rampage Kills
  • Rampage
  • You were always there, by my side,

whether we sat or played.

Our friendship was a joyful ride,

I wish you could have stayed.

Starkonja's Head
    Silken Hood
  • +67 to Dexterity
  • 50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • 25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 102% increased Evasion Rating
  • +93 to maximum Life
  • 150% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
  • There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,

but merely a long sleep made eternal.

Inpulsa's Broken Heart
    Sadist Garb
  • +72 to maximum Life
  • 31% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
  • 34% increased Effect of Shock
  • Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 10% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage which cannot Shock
  • Unaffected by Shock
  • Don't hesitate; bring death to all, conclusively and swiftly,

or they will give you the same treatment.

Rune Talons
    Fingerless Silk Gloves
  • 14% increased Spell Damage
  • 9% increased Attack Speed
  • +79 to maximum Life
  • +14% to Fire Resistance
  • +31% to Cold Resistance
  • +32 to maximum Mana
  • Windscream
    Reinforced Greaves
  • 67% increased Armour
  • +15% to all Elemental Resistances
  • 15% increased Movement Speed
  • 16% increased Elemental Damage
  • You can apply an additional Curse
  • The mocking wind, a shielding spell,

The haunting screams, a maddening hell.

Experimenter's Silver Flask of Warding
    -
  • Immune to Curses during Flask effect Removes Curses on use
  • 39% increased Duration
  • Chemist's Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
  • 20% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Atziri's Promise
    Amethyst Flask
  • 2% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
  • Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • Gain 15% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • "Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty."

- Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

Vessel of Vinktar
    Topaz Flask
  • 100% increased Charges used
  • Shocks nearby Enemies during Flask effect, causing 10% increased Damage taken
  • You are Shocked during Flask effect, causing 50% increased Damage taken
  • Damage Penetrates 10% Lightning Resistance during Flask effect
  • 20% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
  • 20% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Mana during Flask effect
  • The great city of storms, washed away by Vinktar's thirst for power.

Seething Hallowed Hybrid Flask of Staunching
    -
  • 66% reduced Amount Recovered
  • Instant Recovery
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use

• jurassix
    Apr 29, 2018 21:43:00 PM

Hello there,

I'm playing a bit with your build on PoB and Trickster or even Assassin seems to be constantly above Inquisitor (by far)

I know you pick Inquisitor mostly for Life Regen with consecrated ground, but I don't really see how ~300hp/s more regen will change radicaly the build. I guess it's not the same in game, with pantheon and your build what regen should we be expecting ? 1000hp/s ? same as an eternal flask ? more/less ?

My goal is to speedfarm obviously for leveling past 95, doing boss with BV/Tendrils is like 1% of timeplay. I don't really see where consecrated ground can challenge power/frenzy charges generation and others buff (movement speed, free movement skill, etc...). I don't even take into consideration other talents, crit and penetration should be approximatively at the same level between specs in term of dps.

What am I missing ?

Kirbynou
    May 02, 2018 15:45:03 PM

"
    Kirbynou wrote:
    Hello there,

I'm playing a bit with your build on PoB and Trickster or even Assassin seems to be constantly above Inquisitor (by far)

I know you pick Inquisitor mostly for Life Regen with consecrated ground, but I don't really see how ~300hp/s more regen will change radicaly the build. I guess it's not the same in game, with pantheon and your build what regen should we be expecting ? 1000hp/s ? same as an eternal flask ? more/less ?

My goal is to speedfarm obviously for leveling past 95, doing boss with BV/Tendrils is like 1% of timeplay. I don't really see where consecrated ground can challenge power/frenzy charges generation and others buff (movement speed, free movement skill, etc...). I don't even take into consideration other talents, crit and penetration should be approximatively at the same level between specs in term of dps.

What am I missing ?

Look... PoB is complex and depending on your settings it can have completely different results. Normally nothing can compare with inquisitor because crits ignore enemies resistances. The reggen is more or less doubled because of Mind of Matter.

When you ask me something about PoB please always post the PoB file so I can check it out... otherwise I just cannot say anything about it. Also have you considered that PoB only shows dps per spark hit. So in theory you need to multiple it with your cast per second, etc. Sometime numbers are just numbers.

Cheers Bash

bashtart
    May 02, 2018 17:52:17 PM

Thanks Bash,

I know numbers are just numbers, that's why I wanted to have more feedback about life regen in real situation (which is the main purpose of picking Inqui).

For my tests, with the exact same stuff (classic random stuff, but doesn't really matter to compare between builds so not 100% optimized, cast/second is equivalent between build)

Ranked by dps :

Trickster : https://pastebin.com/fX94iSzT
    Assassin : https://pastebin.com/6d4wENmX
    Inquisitor : https://pastebin.com/2S1pixDZ
    Ascendant : https://pastebin.com/5a4PDxnb

Inquisitor is above ascendant just when we are on consecrated ground
    Trickster loose a bit of freez/shock potential with chaos damage part, gain free movement but I guess it's not a problem with the mana regen of the build.
    Assassin seems better on paper, specially with power charge generation and crit chance, maybe on high end bosses penetration can take back the first place ? (not the goal to farm boss however) and we loose the regen part, relying only on flasks / gameplay.

I know some class have more passive point than others (power charges mainly) but it just to have a global idea before picking one for flashback ;)

Ps : Your guide is really nice and for now I think I will test inqui version just to have my own idea on the regen part

Kirbynou
    May 03, 2018 18:03:52 PM

"
    Kirbynou wrote:
    Thanks Bash,

I know numbers are just numbers, that's why I wanted to have more feedback about life regen in real situation (which is the main purpose of picking Inqui).

For my tests, with the exact same stuff (classic random stuff, but doesn't really matter to compare between builds so not 100% optimized, cast/second is equivalent between build)

Ranked by dps :

Trickster : https://pastebin.com/fX94iSzT
    Assassin : https://pastebin.com/6d4wENmX
    Inquisitor : https://pastebin.com/2S1pixDZ
    Ascendant : https://pastebin.com/5a4PDxnb

Inquisitor is above ascendant just when we are on consecrated ground
    Trickster loose a bit of freez/shock potential with chaos damage part, gain free movement but I guess it's not a problem with the mana regen of the build.
    Assassin seems better on paper, specially with power charge generation and crit chance, maybe on high end bosses penetration can take back the first place ? (not the goal to farm boss however) and we loose the regen part, relying only on flasks / gameplay.

I know some class have more passive point than others (power charges mainly) but it just to have a global idea before picking one for flashback ;)

Ps : Your guide is really nice and for now I think I will test inqui version just to have my own idea on the regen part

Well I just added a few points to the inquistor and also used frenzy and power charges.
    Inquisitor: https://pastebin.com/WuS8qhkg (199,4k Spark dps, 186,4k against Shaper)
    Trickster : https://pastebin.com/fX94iSzT (243k Spark dps, 183,9K against Shaper)

So just from the dps numbers both versions seems to be pretty much evan but from my expierence the inquisitor dps feel in game much better because we more or less always crit and ignore enemies resistances. Additionally we get the life/energy/mana regen what is really powerful with MoM.

For clearspeed a high crit chance is really important because with crit you will shatter whole packs with HoI what is another advantage of inquisitor.

I think especially Trickser might also be a viable option after the ascendancy rework but I still think Inquisitor is best.

bashtart
    May 03, 2018 22:12:19 PM

Yeah seems fair that Inqui is smoother in game :)

And I totally forgot about "Overcharged", thanks for your input !

Last question : about Hazardous Research, between your guide and your build you took out one of them (I guess in favor of The Long Winter for boss fight). I saw people running with 1 or 2 a bit randomly..

What's your opinion about it, worth to keep 2 or a big damage one may be better ?

Kirbynou
    May 03, 2018 23:29:53 PM

I am really interested in this build.
    How about using elementalist to play this build?
    Taking "Pendulum of Destruction", "Mastermind of Discord" & "Paragon of Calamity" / "Beacon of Ruin"?
    Sorry, I cannot use POB well...

Chocodisco
    May 07, 2018 11:57:09 AM

"
    Kirbynou wrote:
    Yeah seems fair that Inqui is smoother in game :)

And I totally forgot about "Overcharged", thanks for your input !

Last question : about Hazardous Research, between your guide and your build you took out one of them (I guess in favor of The Long Winter for boss fight). I saw people running with 1 or 2 a bit randomly..

What's your opinion about it, worth to keep 2 or a big damage one may be better ?

Import your stuff to PoB and check what goves your more dps :)

@chocodisco: yes elementalist should be a very viable option for this build. A while ago I made already a Elementalist version of this build. Yes I would go first MoD and then BoR.

bashtart
    May 07, 2018 17:25:11 PM

for lightning tendril and glacial cascade single target setup why would you use 2 gem slots on glacial cascade & CWC instead of gems to make LT deal more damage/leech life so you can just sit and facetank everything

Zoltek62
    May 13, 2018 22:24:18 PM
  • Prev
  • Next