Forum Index Witch [3.8 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Lich Queen Skeleton Summoner [Everything Viable]

History

"
Borschty wrote:
I used it with and w/o queens. While the damage does exist, they can't survive against t10+ bosses.

Albeit I've been using melee skele's due to not being able to buy a Skin with the right sockets. I just feel that keeping the skele's up long enough to deal some damage is tough.



This is pretty much as good as a skeleton build can be, I wouldn't do higher end-game red tier maps with this, it works for shaped map farming and Uber Izaro without extra keys as well as regular atziri but that's really it.
Skelly builds is more of a niche & nice playstyle change than anything else which is really sad but it works at least and is very fun to play :)

Ghazzy
Aug 17, 2017 10:57:37 AM

Don't know if this has already been said -- you can't actually run the brightbeak + shield charge setup you've mentioned. Necromantic Aegis literally tells the game that your character isn't using a shield.

I've been using an Aurumvorax + Whirling Blades as a suitable alternative (frees up some other gear slots for other stuff like rarity too bc of the + 60 to all resists)

Great build so far. I'm only at t8s but even bosses are almost being one shot. Even managed to corrupt my Victario's Charity to give +1 to socketed gems. Having a blast playing this.

D_Homes
Aug 18, 2017 15:43:26 PM

I`ve got a question?
Why don`t we get mind over matter and Eldritch Battery?
I`m a new to the game so I was wondering cause there seems to be a lot o mana nodes near MoM

Falcon778
Aug 19, 2017 04:14:49 AM

Hey,

nice Guide so far. I am enjoying it atm. got my first Dead Reconing Cobald Jewel.

But I am atm somewhat bad equiped as i lack in currency and luck at the same time :D


You say "use Brightbeak" as a weapon...
But why?
I somehow cant think of a reason why it is good for this build
becouse of the resistance buff ? oO

halloween20
Aug 19, 2017 14:54:36 PM

"
D_Homes wrote:
Don't know if this has already been said -- you can't actually run the brightbeak + shield charge setup you've mentioned. Necromantic Aegis literally tells the game that your character isn't using a shield.

I've been using an Aurumvorax + Whirling Blades as a suitable alternative (frees up some other gear slots for other stuff like rarity too bc of the + 60 to all resists)

Great build so far. I'm only at t8s but even bosses are almost being one shot. Even managed to corrupt my Victario's Charity to give +1 to socketed gems. Having a blast playing this.


That should be incorrect, the game tells you that the stats provided by your shield applies to minions and not yourself, though you are still wielding a shield according to the game allowing you to Shield Charge.

Do confirm please as I've been using this for the past 4 years without problems.


"
Falcon778 wrote:
I`ve got a question?
Why don`t we get mind over matter and Eldritch Battery?
I`m a new to the game so I was wondering cause there seems to be a lot o mana nodes near MoM


It was used in the 2.6 version of this build, though with the changes this new approach is simply better.


"
halloween20 wrote:
Hey,

nice Guide so far. I am enjoying it atm. got my first Dead Reconing Cobald Jewel.

But I am atm somewhat bad equiped as i lack in currency and luck at the same time :D


You say "use Brightbeak" as a weapon...
But why?
I somehow cant think of a reason why it is good for this build
becouse of the resistance buff ? oO


Hey,

Cheers!

Brightbeak provides some resistances but also skyrockets the speed of your shield charging which speeds up your general clear speed.
Other suitable weapon options would be in order of price tag:
The Scourge Claw > Essence of Fear crafted dagger/claw/mace

Ghazzy
Aug 20, 2017 01:41:47 AM

So I've done some changes in accordance to your build and a few other builds too. (See below)

I used Animated guardian to increase the damage on some of my mobs --> See 7 Aura

Using reserved mana nodes to increase survival of skeletons (Or auras) - See both guides

Using Severed in Sleep Cutlass for increased damage -> See Severed in Cutlass

Using a Skin of the Loyal with 4R 2B sockets at the moment --> See Severed in Skeletons
(Am planning to find one with 3B,2G,1R or 4B,2G for Mages; otherwise use Queen's if I manage to 6L (So far about 800Fusings and no luck) - For Queens, see 7 Aura





https://respoe.xyz/forum/view-thread/1838935 - Severed in Skeletons
https://respoe.xyz/forum/view-thread/1949867/page/1 - Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play


In regards to Shield choices:

At the moment im using Daresso's for extra 20% Phys damage (Melee skele's); I feel like theres many other shields that can be more beneficial than Victario's because ur constantly summoning skele's making it useless to use the charges. E.G Broken Faith, Jaws, Saffel (For mages),etc can grant a lot more benefits when your using Necro Aegis

Give me your thoughts.

I'd also like to add that vaaling certain necks can grant Whisper of Doom keystone; in particular when using sidhebreath if you vaal it, you have a chance of getting it.

Borschty
Aug 20, 2017 05:56:51 AM

@Borschty:

The vaaling of Sidhebreath is a nice thing, sure.

Regarding the other comments:
There are many different ways to play Skelly summoner in PoE, I chose not to include Severed/United Melee Skellies cause they would only serve as boss killing build and a rather slowish map clearer, so the Mage Skellies took the spot from them for this guide. Any build designed to pack as many auras as possible is in my eyes better optimized for party plays rather than solo plays, specially with the CoD nerf that hit with 3.0.

The above reasons is why the build guide looks the way it does.

Regarding the shield choices:
Victario's Charity has the con of requiring reapplyment when you summon new minions, however, this goes very fast and by the time you've summoned your 3rd or 4th skelly they will pretty much instantly have charges due to the other skellies generating them that came before them.

But as always, it is a matter of taste and other shield options are actually valid for this build unlike many other necromancer builds where the Vics Charity is the "only" to-go choice.


You make very solid statements and the different approaches are absolutely fine to run, I see no problems with them tbh. Then again, you'll have to compare general clear speed differences as well as the price tag and determine which build would suit you the best. :)

Ghazzy
Aug 20, 2017 14:29:45 PM

How are you able to use shield charge and necromantic aegis? I cant seem to get it to function.

Grasq
Aug 21, 2017 01:32:51 AM

"
Grasq wrote:
How are you able to use shield charge and necromantic aegis? I cant seem to get it to function.


It only works if you are wielding a Mace, Claw or Dagger with a shield (even if you have Necromantic Aegis).

Ghazzy
Aug 21, 2017 12:26:02 PM

How do your skellies follow you guys around? Mine stand around like idiots once everything is dead on-screen and do not follow me off-screen, even if I pull aggro.

Railz28
Aug 22, 2017 04:58:06 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 78
  • 79
  • Next