Forum Index Witch [3.8 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide Spectre Summoner [HC/SC/Atziri/Shaper Viable]

History

"
emwhy012 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
@emwhy012:
Remove Elemental Focus for now as you only have 5L.

You got a LOT of uniques that you'll want to remove later. Keep in mind that Baron doesn't do anything for your spectres since they are using spell damage not physical damage!


Thanks for the tip :)
I don't have ES headpiece at the moment that's the reason why I'm using The Baron right now :)
Hopefully I can find one later.


My pleasure!
Good luck :)

Ghazzy
Apr 30, 2017 17:04:27 PM

"
Ghazzy wrote:

Sidhebreath is nice but rather rarely used since summoners wants attributes to function which we get fairly easily via our rare amulets!


It seems easy enough to get the stats from other pieces such as rings however. I currently have more than enough str/dex with the ability to get more while keeping this neck.

I guess since they seem to be so cheap I might as well buy a 15%/15% life/dmg one for now!

Also I was very pleasantly suprised with my jewel quest reward from A5 merciless, it seems worth at least 50c!

6% increased maximum life
minions deal 15% extra damage
+10 dex/int

Shaddolf
May 01, 2017 02:00:52 AM

"
Shaddolf wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Sidhebreath is nice but rather rarely used since summoners wants attributes to function which we get fairly easily via our rare amulets!


It seems easy enough to get the stats from other pieces such as rings however. I currently have more than enough str/dex with the ability to get more while keeping this neck.

I guess since they seem to be so cheap I might as well buy a 15%/15% life/dmg one for now!

Also I was very pleasantly suprised with my jewel quest reward from A5 merciless, it seems worth at least 50c!

6% increased maximum life
minions deal 15% extra damage
+10 dex/int


Oh but then go for it bro! :)
Yeah get a perfect one, could even Vaal em for more minion damage if you have the currency.

That's sick bro, gratz :D

Ghazzy
May 01, 2017 14:24:41 PM

Sorry, this may be a dumb question. I am playing on Hardcore Legacy currently, and I feel rather squishy. I know you say this build has a high amount of eHP, but I don't see any of the three skills going into effect until past 83? Is there a reason I shouldn't at least take Mind over Matter now?

Thanks! :)

Poxx
May 01, 2017 16:34:11 PM

"
Poxx wrote:
Sorry, this may be a dumb question. I am playing on Hardcore Legacy currently, and I feel rather squishy. I know you say this build has a high amount of eHP, but I don't see any of the three skills going into effect until past 83? Is there a reason I shouldn't at least take Mind over Matter now?

Thanks! :)


There are no dumb questions bro!
If you feel comfortable and meet the requirements to get the keystones, gogogo it will increase your survivability by tons. :)

Ghazzy
May 01, 2017 16:44:25 PM

So with auras up my current life is 4280 and ES 5493. My total mana is 1068 and after reserve of 898 is 170.

So my stats are high enough that I should refund some points and migrate to the final end build?

I do notice that you take out a fair few points from life/mana nodes, but you gain overall survivability with the new abilities?

Link to open profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaddolf/characters

Shaddolf
May 07, 2017 02:24:58 AM

"
Shaddolf wrote:
So with auras up my current life is 4280 and ES 5493. My total mana is 1068 and after reserve of 898 is 170.

So my stats are high enough that I should refund some points and migrate to the final end build?

I do notice that you take out a fair few points from life/mana nodes, but you gain overall survivability with the new abilities?

Link to open profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaddolf/characters


Your mana has nothing to do with the quality of the build. The mana is only suppose to be reserved which leads to the end-game state of having 2% of what ever your mana pool is unreserved. Your source to pay for spells comes from your ES the mana is literally just something that goes away to make room for auras.
The reason there are some mana nodes on the tree is because they also provide Life, and Life is the important key in those nodes as mana, as stated, gives us nothing.

And yes, you should be able to migrate to the final end build since you got tons more ES than you need and you have all the aura nodes to reserve the mana pool properly it seems as well :)

Ghazzy
May 07, 2017 13:22:21 PM

So ultimately life is more valuable than ES? seems odd to not take passives such as unnatural calm and arcane focus in order for more 5% life nodes?

Shaddolf
May 09, 2017 07:57:44 AM

"
Shaddolf wrote:
So ultimately life is more valuable than ES? seems odd to not take passives such as unnatural calm and arcane focus in order for more 5% life nodes?


For this build, absolutely you only need 50%ish of your life as ES to cover for the MoM usage :)
So your life limits your effective HP and the ES is there to sustain the eHP provided by your life.

Ghazzy
May 09, 2017 12:36:31 PM

I feel like I'm missing something. I changed my build around as advised but I certainly do not feel tankier with this setup.

So under this, 30% of your damage is taken from mana, which is protected by ES.

So whenever you take any damage, 70% comes from your health pool, 30% is absorbed by ES.

With 4.5k hp and 4.5k ES, the EHP is 4500 / 70 * 100 = 6429 (if you take this much damage you die, just as you would if you had this much life and no ES)


While without this talent and this much hp/es, you would be able to sustain 9000 damage before dying.


I'm assuming I'm wrong somehow, but please explain how? I've died more in recent times after the change than I feel I did beforehand...

Shaddolf
May 11, 2017 06:48:40 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 135
  • 136
  • Next