Forum Index Witch [3.8 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide Spectre Summoner [HC/SC/Atziri/Shaper Viable]

History

"
Shaddolf wrote:
Sorry I'm new to witch and I'm enjoying it so far, but this has me confused;

"
Change in to a summoner when you reach Act 3 Cruel difficulty at the Solaris Temple to get proper Spectres.


What/how is this done?


When you "change" in to a summoner you simply remove all the other gems and will from there on forth rely on minions to do your work. At that time you can remove any other nodes from the passive tree such as Spell Damage providing ones that you might have used prior to this moment.

Once in Act 3 Cruel you get access to the Solaris Temple Waypoint, in there you can use Desecrate which spawns corpses on the ground, you then make sure to Raise Spectre on the "Flame Sentinel" corpses, make sure to remove the Spell Echo support gem if you have it linked and re-apply it after the summoning process as otherwise you will be summoning 2 corpses at the same time and might get the incorrect corpses during your summoning process.

These spectres are good enough to carry you to Merciless, if you feel them to be lacking of effeciency I would recommend trying to add SRS to help you get to Merciless where you should get the Soul Weaver ascendancy node and Merciless difficulty spectres which will literally stomp anything in your way :)


If you still think it's confusing, let me know so that I may elaborate!

Ghazzy
Apr 25, 2017 12:58:15 PM

Whats is your strategy vs uber izaro? How can I keep my minions targeting him? If I stop to hit him I'm dying too easy.


My status: LIfe: 5288 / Shield 3208 - lvl 86

ty

poukapratk
Apr 29, 2017 06:35:10 AM

"
poukapratk wrote:
Whats is your strategy vs uber izaro? How can I keep my minions targeting him? If I stop to hit him I'm dying too easy.


My status: LIfe: 5288 / Shield 3208 - lvl 86

ty



Make sure he has no buffs and simply dodge everything you can whilst your minions attack him when you can make them target him. Him having buffs is devastating for this build so avoid that.

Ghazzy
Apr 29, 2017 13:48:27 PM

Hi,

This is the first time that I'll be trying a summoner. Looks very good and I just want to thank you for the nice and easy to follow guide. I'll definitely come back to this thread to update with my progress.

Thanks!!

emwhy012
Apr 29, 2017 16:27:54 PM

"
emwhy012 wrote:
Hi,

This is the first time that I'll be trying a summoner. Looks very good and I just want to thank you for the nice and easy to follow guide. I'll definitely come back to this thread to update with my progress.

Thanks!!


Heya,

Looking forward to hear from you! Glad you like it :)

Ghazzy
Apr 29, 2017 17:08:51 PM

"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
emwhy012 wrote:
Hi,

This is the first time that I'll be trying a summoner. Looks very good and I just want to thank you for the nice and easy to follow guide. I'll definitely come back to this thread to update with my progress.

Thanks!!


Heya,

Looking forward to hear from you! Glad you like it :)


Currently at level 58. :)

As I can't afford a 6L right now any suggestion on the gem links i should do?
What I have right now is 5L
Vis Mortis
Necromancer Silks
Click to expand
  • 220% increased Energy Shield
  • +22 to maximum Mana
  • Minions have 20% reduced maximum Life
  • Minions deal 15% increased Damage
  • +1 to maximum number of Spectres
  • Minions gain Unholy Might for 10 seconds on Kill
  • Reap what others have sown

    Muster them from their graves

    Parade them for your pleasure

    Zealots in mortis enslaved



    My Current Gear
    Spoiler
    Aurumvorax
    Basket Rapier
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 126% increased Physical Damage
  • 20% reduced Rarity of Items found
  • +59% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +3 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
  • Many a collector of rarities discovered to his dismay

    that the intelligent spirit in this sword

    does not like to share its master's attention

    The Baron
    Close Helmet
    Click to expand
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Minion Gems
  • +24 to Strength
  • Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
  • Half of your Strength is added to your Minions
  • +1 to maximum number of Raised Zombies per 300 Strength
  • With at least 1000 Strength, 2% of Damage dealt by your Raised Zombies is Leeched to you as Life
  • "The Emperor's trusted surgeons are not the only ones who

    practice the dark arts. Some of us are just more discreet."

    Victario's Charity
    Laminated Kite Shield
    Click to expand
  • +8% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +68 to maximum Life
  • +30% to Lightning Resistance
  • +11% to Chaos Resistance
  • 20% increased Area of Effect of Aura Skills
  • 10% chance to grant a Power Charge to nearby Allies on Kill
  • 5% chance to grant a Frenzy Charge to nearby Allies on Hit
  • A man's life is the greatest gift he can give.

    Eye of Chayula
    Onyx Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +11 to all Attributes
  • 20% reduced maximum Life
  • 30% increased Rarity of Items found
  • Cannot be Stunned
  • Never blinking, always watching.

    {This item can be transformed with a Blessing of Chayula}

    Malachai's Artifice
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • Socketed Gems have Elemental Equilibrium
  • -20% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +91% to Fire Resistance when Socketed with a Red Gem
  • +87% to Cold Resistance when Socketed with a Green Gem
  • +100% to Lightning Resistance when Socketed with a Blue Gem
  • All Sockets are White
  • When the wind blows,

    Know which way to bend

    and watch the others break.

    Tabula Rasa
    Simple Robe
    Click to expand
    Hate Grip
    Ruby Ring
    Click to expand
  • +20% to Fire Resistance
  • +8 to Accuracy Rating
  • +23 to maximum Life
  • +55 to maximum Mana
  • +37% to Fire Resistance
  • +34% to Lightning Resistance
  • 0.2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
  • Ondar's Clasp
    Wrapped Mitts
    Click to expand
  • 30% increased Attack Speed when on Full Life
  • Adds 1 to 13 Lightning Damage to Attacks
  • +70 to Accuracy Rating
  • 20% increased Movement Speed when on Low Life
  • A single lightning strike fells a man.

    A single knife stroke fells an empire.

    Wurm's Molt
    Leather Belt
    Click to expand
  • +35 to maximum Life
  • +30 to Strength
  • +22 to Intelligence
  • +13% to Cold Resistance
  • 0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
  • 0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
  • They say a lifetime of wisdom is carried

    in every skin the great beasts shed.

    Bones of Ullr
    Silk Slippers
    Click to expand
  • 53% increased Energy Shield
  • +20 to maximum Life
  • +20 to maximum Mana
  • +1 to Level of all Raise Zombie Gems
  • +1 to Level of all Raise Spectre Gems
  • 15% increased Movement Speed
  • The dead man walks where

    the living fear to tread.



    I'm getting some stats nodes to help with my stat requirement but hopefully I can manage to get some good gears.

    I will try to run the Cruel Lab now. :)

    emwhy012
    Apr 30, 2017 06:59:12 AM

    @emwhy012:
    Remove Elemental Focus for now as you only have 5L.

    You got a LOT of uniques that you'll want to remove later. Keep in mind that Baron doesn't do anything for your spectres since they are using spell damage not physical damage!

    Ghazzy
    Apr 30, 2017 13:10:24 PM

    I've just started running maps today and just after anything I could easily fix from my current gear;

    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaddolf/characters

    I am way over the resist cap so thinking I could even ditch the 60res sword, but is there even any sort of weapon that benefits minions?

    Is it worth picking up a baron helmet just for the 20% minion life?

    Also I had the Sidhebreath amulet drop which seems quite nice

    Shaddolf
    Apr 30, 2017 13:55:49 PM

    "
    Ghazzy wrote:
    @emwhy012:
    Remove Elemental Focus for now as you only have 5L.

    You got a LOT of uniques that you'll want to remove later. Keep in mind that Baron doesn't do anything for your spectres since they are using spell damage not physical damage!


    Thanks for the tip :)
    I don't have ES headpiece at the moment that's the reason why I'm using The Baron right now :)
    Hopefully I can find one later.

    emwhy012
    Apr 30, 2017 16:54:25 PM

    "
    Shaddolf wrote:
    I've just started running maps today and just after anything I could easily fix from my current gear;

    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaddolf/characters

    I am way over the resist cap so thinking I could even ditch the 60res sword, but is there even any sort of weapon that benefits minions?

    Is it worth picking up a baron helmet just for the 20% minion life?

    Also I had the Sidhebreath amulet drop which seems quite nice


    You can use any of the Essence of Fear on a 1h weapon to grant some extra minion damage, but that's about it. :/
    Baron for extra minion life is absolutely not worth the investment, sorry.

    Sidhebreath is nice but rather rarely used since summoners wants attributes to function which we get fairly easily via our rare amulets!

    Ghazzy
    Apr 30, 2017 17:04:06 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 135
  • 136
  • Next