Forum Index Witch [3.8] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster - All Content & Mapmods

History

Hey all,

i know this is a crit-arc build post, but its the most active thread regarding ARC atm, so ill ask here:

Iam building am Arc-witch atm,
but i cant chose to go crit or not yet.
I plan on dualwield

Spoiler

Doryani's Catalyst
Vaal Sceptre
Click to expand
  • 10% increased Elemental Damage
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Elemental Proliferation
  • Adds 76 to 125 Physical Damage
  • 11% increased Attack Speed
  • 7% increased Cast Speed
  • 31% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life
  • 93% increased Elemental Damage
  • The result of the catalytic reaction would be either immortality for all,

    or death for all. It was a risk Doryani was willing to take.

    Doryani's Catalyst
    Vaal Sceptre
    Click to expand
  • 10% increased Elemental Damage
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Elemental Proliferation
  • Adds 67 to 142 Physical Damage
  • 14% increased Attack Speed
  • 9% increased Cast Speed
  • 31% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life
  • 86% increased Elemental Damage
  • The result of the catalytic reaction would be either immortality for all,

    or death for all. It was a risk Doryani was willing to take.


    i dont realy plan on invest in spellcrit wands, but maybe i find some on my way.
    I will use a +1 Tabula, as i dont have a 6L cloak and will not buy/link one before patch.

    Witch tree should i chose?
    Non-Crit tree



    Crit tree


    I will mostly map with this char, so getting vaalpact to forget about reflect is realy nice.
    Please give me some ideas on those two trees. Should i change anything? Am i missing anything?

    Thanks for your help!


    bcutter
    May 22, 2015 11:01:40 AM

    @bcutter: Crit Arc will be stronger in the long run, but you are more gear- and level-reliant.
    It's better to level as noncrit Arc until ~70 anyway and both trees aren't far off and can be respecced within the free quest respecs, so i'd say try noncrit, if it's not enough damage for your taste spec over to crit.

    Btw. Vaal Pact is complete overkill for noncrit Arc, and the noncrit tree is overall a bit ineffective. I would rather suggest something like this:

    Enki91
    May 22, 2015 17:11:23 PM

    Hey finally got my 5l CoD.. in your guide you suggest to use empower instead of life leach. I have only 1% lifeleach from my belt. Should i use empower or LL ?

    velislav87
    May 23, 2015 01:35:43 AM

    "
    velislav87 wrote:
    Hey finally got my 5l CoD.. in your guide you suggest to use empower instead of life leach. I have only 1% lifeleach from my belt. Should i use empower or LL ?

    Use Life Leech until you have 3% leech across your gear (belt + 2x weapons for example)

    Enki91
    May 23, 2015 04:30:03 AM

    Hello!
    At first I want to say thank you for great guide!
    I have one question about dps. Im lvl 69 atm (Amelanchier nickname) and I have 3441 dps on arc unbuffed. I have two items for replace in my stash (3821 unbuffed dps)

    Maligaro's Virtuosity
    Deerskin Gloves
    Click to expand
  • +22 to Dexterity
  • 5% increased Attack Speed
  • 50% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +31% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 63% increased Evasion Rating
  • Maligaro operated effortlessly,

    with great speed and terrible consequences.

    Corruption Crown
    Lacquered Helmet
    Click to expand
  • +30 to Strength
  • +57 to maximum Life
  • +42% to Cold Resistance
  • +45% to Lightning Resistance
  • 55% increased Armour and Evasion

  • but I cant get right colours on my boots so I didnt wear new dress yet.
    Is that dps ok, or I did something wrong?

    RReds
    May 23, 2015 21:47:53 PM

    "
    RReds wrote:
    Hello!
    At first I want to say thank you for great guide!
    I have one question about dps. Im lvl 69 atm (Amelanchier nickname) and I have 3441 dps on arc unbuffed. I have two items for replace in my stash (3821 unbuffed dps)
    Maligaro's Virtuosity
    Deerskin Gloves
    Click to expand
  • +22 to Dexterity
  • 5% increased Attack Speed
  • 50% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +31% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 63% increased Evasion Rating
  • Maligaro operated effortlessly,

    with great speed and terrible consequences.

    Corruption Crown
    Lacquered Helmet
    Click to expand
  • +30 to Strength
  • +57 to maximum Life
  • +42% to Cold Resistance
  • +45% to Lightning Resistance
  • 55% increased Armour and Evasion

  • but I cant get right colours on my boots so I didnt wear new dress yet.
    Is that dps ok, or I did something wrong?

    Hey, thanks! :)
    Nothing wrong with your DPS, Arc (spells in general) scale best through gem levels, and yours is only Lv16 without Empower. Only getting Arc to Lv20 without an additional Empower will probably double your DPS.

    Enki91
    May 23, 2015 22:53:53 PM

    Love this build.

    Lethality
    May 23, 2015 23:23:45 PM

    Hello. I'm still a beginner but i wish to know why keep these gems so low lvl:

    CwDt (Lv4) - Enfeeble (Lv7) - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration

    I understand that vaal haste can get too dex intense but enfeeble is int based and cwdt only level 4? Just wish to know...

    majinvegy
    May 24, 2015 04:55:34 AM

    "
    majinvegy wrote:
    Hello. I'm still a beginner but i wish to know why keep these gems so low lvl:

    CwDt (Lv4) - Enfeeble (Lv7) - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration

    I understand that vaal haste can get too dex intense but enfeeble is int based and cwdt only level 4? Just wish to know...

    We keep CwDt + Enfeeble low in order to have Enfeeble proc whenever you're hit (in most cases).
    You could also take off the CwDt and selfcast a higher level Enfeeble, but i know most players (myself included) are a bit lazy to selfcast curses, especially in a high-pace build like this one.

    --------------------------------------------------

    Updated the guide a bit, especially parts of the gearing section and the DPS comparison screenshots.
    Thinking about writing a little FAQ, would you guys want one?

    Enki91
    May 24, 2015 13:35:27 PM

    "
    Enki91 wrote:

    Thinking about writing a little FAQ, would you guys want one?
    That would be awesome :)

    tyvar1
    May 24, 2015 16:45:25 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 1241
  • 1242
  • Next